LR scope on the lighter side?

JDJHNTR

I just received a CA Mesa in 6.5PRC and looking for a good optics choice that's on the lighter side. This will be my lighter weight LR gun as I already have a Gap 7WSM with a NF NXS.
I currently have a couple of contenders in the safe that's not doing anything that could use or buy another?
I not necessarily looking for the lightest scope but one not near as heavy as the NF but still tracks as true.
Zero stop is a must and like to dial out to 7-800 with this one. Again, tracking accuracy is a must.
What I have now is a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44BT and a VX6-HD 3-18x50.
Again, if there is a better choice, I'm game.
Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

In my honest opinion, anything else in that price range would be a lateral move at best. I've always found glass a notch higher than I can afford available used or as a demo. For example, I have a z6 3-18x50, w/ the turret....I used it one season and loved it. But I'm selling b/c I found a great price on a demo S&B Exos. I think I have a buyer but I was only asking $1500. The Z6 is light, has a 30mm tube and is optically better (for my eyes) than the z5 series.
If it were me, I'd sell both existing scopes, and buy one that knocks your socks off. The Exos is one of those, but it would be too heavy....31oz I believe.
U can find a Leica Magnus 2.3-16x56, for a good price right now. Optically they will go toe to toe with any, and be better than almost any with glare and looking into the sun.
Lastly, there's always March. Light for sure, optically very very good, and built like a NF but much less weight.
Good luck

If you're not opposed to a fixed power, the S&B PMII 10x42 is pretty bulletproof, has zero stop, 13 mils single turn elevation, and weighs under 21 ounces.

I've found a good scope for my eyes is a used Premier 3-15x50 Light Tactical, 30 mm, 6 mils elevation x 2 turns = total 12 mils, zero stop, and weighs about 25 ounces. Can find for under $1500.

Best scope I've ever owned is the Tangent Theta 315LRH, it's 30mm, 12 mils elevation, illuminated reticle, zero stop with covered pull up turrets. It's under 28 ounces.

All 3 track better than any others I've tried. Pretty much flawless tracking and return to zero.

I just received a CA Mesa in 6.5PRC and looking for a good optics choice that's on the lighter side. This will be my lighter weight LR gun as I already have a Gap 7WSM with a NF NXS.
I currently have a couple of contenders in the safe that's not doing anything that could use or buy another?
I not necessarily looking for the lightest scope but one not near as heavy as the NF but still tracks as true.
Zero stop is a must and like to dial out to 7-800 with this one. Again, tracking accuracy is a must.
What I have now is a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44BT and a VX6-HD 3-18x50.
Again, if there is a better choice, I'm game.
Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
I am looking for a lightweight scope and the two you mentioned are at the top of the list. I had a March several years ago and I liked it but it didn't blow my socks off. I am likely to go with a Z5i when it comes time to buy a lightweight scope.

My mountain rifle I wanted to keep it as light as possible--it wears a Swarovski Z5 3.5x18. I have it set up with a Outdoorsman turret. I get ~530 yards out of it before it runs out of travel on my 7 SAUM load..farther than I think I will need for a 7lb mountain rifle, but doesn't meet what you are looking for. I was a big fan of the Bushnell LRHS line--at 25 oz they were almost perfect 4.5x18 capped windage near perfect, glass was not the best--but sure good enough--they are getting a bit hard to find as most were closed out by 2018.I have a Leupold Mark5 3.5x18--awesome scope...I hate the tube diameter. They should have stuck with the 34mminstead of 35mm sure limits your options, but has tracked true and glass quality to my eye is very good. The weight is good too. The LHT 3x15 Vortex might not be a bad option..I'd like to shoot behind one a little--I have never been a fan of vortex glass-although one AMG I shot behind I liked. The weight is good on the LHT and it is pretty compact for a hunting scope. March is top tier--that is a option--I don't have much experience with them. Zeiss V6 look good--but never used one much.I like the Swarovski X5 for SFP--but they are heavy, so or are S&B (any of them). I played with the TT 315 hunter at shot show...it is bad ***...but my German heritage will not let me spend that kind of bread--on dang near anything.

My German heritage made me appreciate the TT315 LRH, it is the best scope I've ever been behind.
I can see that..being self employed and have seen lean times in my life--still keep me from the 4,000 dollar mark on a scope--as I look at the cash I have on hand I always see a different use for it. Glad you see the value and are enjoying it--it is good glass.

The VX6HD 3-18x50 is a dang good scope. Best low light performance you'll probably get regardless of price point.
Meopta zero stop zero lock 3x18x50 optica 6 meopro meostar european glass I have a hard time spending more than 1000 on a scope great glass must be my wifes German heritage that keeps me below 1000 on a scope

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.