LR Scope for Muzzle Loading

StrutNut

Hey,

Just thought I would see what everyone would recommend for a good Long Range muzzle loading scope. This would be for hunting situations mostly. I have a Winchester X150 45 cal that I plan on seeing what it can do. In MN we cant use optics during the Muzzle Loading season but can during the firearm season so I plan on bringing along as the spot I hunt is more open CRP ground and long range shots to 500 yards are there if I have the right equipment. I am not sure if my X150 is capable but I plan on finding out!

My long range muzzle loader set up! 2.5-10x42 moar reticle.

Attachments

• IMG_20150209_105454178.jpg
    IMG_20150209_105454178.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 59
I use the Nikon omega 3-9x on my TC encore 50cal. It has the BDC reticle in it and I've had really good luck with it. Killed a doe last year with it at 275 yards. I was shooting a 250g sst bullet over 150g pyrodex pellets and the bullet didn't expand very well at that distance. I will not be taking any shots longer than that with my rifle/load. Just don't want to wound an animal.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts