• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Low Power Optic (2-8 or similar)

lwink

Looking for a new Low power optic for a brush hunting gun. Have my eye set on the Vx3i 2.5-8 right now, but before pulling the trigger figured I'd see what you guys had out there. Weight is somewhat important, magnification something below 3 on the low end is most appealing, and 7 or more on the high end is ideal, although a 1.5-6 could suffice if the optic and deal is right. I may be able to be swayed by the right deal on a quality lightweight 3-9, but not as preferable as others listed above.

Let me know what you have.

I just got an email that midwayusa is doing 20% off sightron. I've owned this model before. Glass was really good. Easy to shoot small groups, even at 100 yards. I've had higher power scopes that weren't as good at 100.

I really liked it and would buy another when time comes for a short range setup.

I just got an email that midwayusa is doing 20% off sightron. I've owned this model before. Glass was really good. Easy to shoot small groups, even at 100 yards. I've had higher power scopes that weren't as good at 100.

I really liked it and would buy another when time comes for a short range setup.

That does seem to be a good price. A few ounces heavier, not the end of the world. I have SIII's, but never an S-TAC. Any info on how that glass measures up to other things out there, like an SIII, VX3i, Vortex offerings, etc?

This is a 200 maybe 250 yard hunting gun max, 80% 125 yards and in.

I have a Swarovski 1.5-6x42 available that is a pretty fantastic scope but a little heavier with the 30mm tube.

Probably out of the price range too, but send me a pm or post what you'd want for that shipped. Thanks!