• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED LOOKING for some Berger VLD Hunter 7mm & 30cal

onpoint

I am looking for a few boxes of the following berger bullets. If you got some collecting dust let me no.

30 cal 200gr VLD Hunter
7mm 180gr VLD Hunter

I would like up to 3 to 6 boxes of each

We just returned from an Antelope hunt in Wyoming. We had 4 tags each for a total of 8 goats. 4 of them were shot with 28 Nosler from 535 to 954 yards. The Berger VLD hunting bullets were a huge disappointment. Not one clean kill. Animals all hit in vital areas but no clean kills. Bullets were bad about misdirection and pencil holes. Go back, its a trap!

Wow we killed 5 cow elk and 9 muley in Wyoming this past week week all with berger and I've used them several years now and they always do us great

Wow we killed 5 cow elk and 9 muley in Wyoming this past week week all with berger and I've used them several years now and they always do us great
From my experience and what I've heard from others in the industry some VLD hunting bullets are great, like the 168g 7mm, but the same bullet in 180g is not performing well.

You know, fellas, I guess it's who ya talk to.
I"ve used the 180g VLD in Africa and CO. Had great success on 10 of 11 animals in Africa (Gemsbok are TOUGH, especially if you don't hit 'em just right). CO bull went DRT at 408 yds. I wrote a AARP for the Africa trip back then and said I wouldn't use them again..in haste I might add...TILL I re-thought the situation and realized I'd had one shot kills on the other 10 animals including a big Kudu AND a 2000 lb. Eland. They're very accurate in my rifle and kill things when I put them where I should.
YMVMV.

Recent Posts