• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Looking for a Savage 12 Stock

Saws21

First off I'm a newbie here, but have been checking out the forums for awhile.
I'm looking a purchasing a Savage 12 in 22-250 for predator hunting.
My dilemma is that this gun has the factory laminate stock. The "wrist" area
is just too dang big to feel comfortable to me. I want to purchase an additional stock that I can alter to make it more comfortable. Any help or point me in the right direction would be appreciated!
Thanks gents!
Adam

I have a stock sythethic stock from a mod 12 22-250. It seems like the "wrist" is smaller than that of the laminate BVSS stock. If interested, let me know.

Is it center feed or staggered feed?

Take a look at savageshooters com you'll have to subscribe in order to view classifieds.

Saws21

I put a Boyd's laminate thumbhole varmit stock on my Savage 22-250 model 12. They don't sell a stock setup for the detachable box mag so I modified it to accept that. Also epoxy bedded the lug. Plan to pillar bed as well but it shoots better than I can so I've not done that yet. I really like it with the thumbhole. Much better control.

Embalmer-
I'm not sure if its a stagger or center feed. To be honest, I'm going to pick it up today, I had it on layway.
I'm also not much of a centerfire guy, I'm more of a rimfire guy.
It does have a detachable box magazine if that helps you out at all.
Thanks
Adam

"F" prefix with a serial number lower than F498821 = 1989 thru Nov. 1st, 1995
"F" prefix with a serial number higher than F498821 = Nov. 1st, 1995 through the end of 2002
"G" prefix started in 2003 with the introduction of the AccuTrigger
"H" prefix started in January of 2010

G could be center feed or staggered

H centerfeed

Embalmer,
Its a "G"
Is there any way to tell just by looking at the magazine?
I haven't had a chance to get any ammo.
Thanks
Adam

I measured center to center of screws, came up with 4.42 so it must be a center feed.
Thanks
Adam