Looking for 300 wsm brass

wsmdude

Desperately looking to buy norma or nosler brass!
I am just getting into reloading and have 20 casings of once fired Norma and 40 casings of once fired nickel winchester. I'm too scare to reload the nickel because of all the scratching dies talk. I'd like to develop my own load for my tikka T3 300wsm with nosler or Norma brass, hodgdon 100v and the barnes 175lrx. Even if you don't have brass to sell me, any pointers or advice would be more than appreciated!

I have been shooting Nickel brass since the late 70s. I have never scratched a die with this brass. If the Ni plating is going to crack, it will be in the neck, so just rub the neck in between your fingers just prior to running the brass into the die, Simple quality control check.

I have used nickel-plated 357 brass enough to wear the Nickel coating thin.

There has been a LOT of 270 Win, 280 Rem, and 7 mag Nickel plated brass ran through various rifles of mine and my brothers.

Last edited:
Desperately looking to buy norma or nosler brass!
I am just getting into reloading and have 20 casings of once fired Norma and 40 casings of once fired nickel winchester. I'm too scare to reload the nickel because of all the scratching dies talk. I'd like to develop my own load for my tikka T3 300wsm with nosler or Norma brass, hodgdon 100v and the barnes 175lrx. Even if you don't have brass to sell me, any pointers or advice would be more than appreciated!

I've loaded nickel plated brass for my wife's rifle for many years….and specifically ordered (several years ago) nickeled brass for my 460 S&W and my 45-70!

I'm not concerned about potential "die scratching"! If you make certain that the cases are clean, no particulate of any form, especially something very hard like sand, and properly lubed….you should have no problems! memtb

To bad this post wasn't a few weeks ago......A place in Georgia had a huge stock pile of Norma 300WSM brass and cheap! Keep your eye open it will pop up.

Given the dearth of .300 WSM brass from most suppliers, Scheels has Hornady in stock for shipping now:

https://www.scheels.com/p/hornady-u...90255-86281.html?cgid=reloading-brass#start=1

It's not your choice but it is available to get you through until the supply chain catches up.

:)
Oh, nice! Thank you so much!
I'm assuming any brass will get me better accuracy than factory?
Also, when developing my load, I'm assuming I will I need to stick to one brand of brass?

I have two boxes sealed ADG 300 wsm brass or 300 wsm Norma brass I can sell you. Try to find a way to get me your contact info and I can give you a deal. I hope this helps!! Aloha
Thank you! I ill take you up on that offer! Unfortunately I'm so new to this site I can't find the button to direct message you.. haha could use some guidance there too

Thank you! I ill take you up on that offer! Unfortunately I'm so new to this site I can't find the button to direct message you.. haha could use some guidance there too
Don't worry I will hold on to them for you! So keep posting to get your count up and/or find a way to get me your info. It will be here when you're ready, no need to get excited or stressed it's yours! Have a beautiful day Aloha!

Rumors of nickel plated brass ruining dies is vastly overstated. Sizing dies are hardened and it takes a lot to do any noticeable damage to them.

I prefer nickel brass when I'm in any wet or otherwise unfavorable environments, it's doesn't corrode and tarnish like raw brass.

Yes for consistency you will want to load brass of the same manufacturer.

Last edited:
I have two boxes sealed ADG 300 wsm brass or 300 wsm Norma brass I can sell you. Try to find a way to get me your contact info and I can give you a deal. I hope this helps!! Aloha
If the OP decides they aren't interested in your Norma brass please let me know. I have some but would like another box or two since I lose an average of 1-2 cases per 100 I reload. Just started annealing so hopefully that will help in the future.