• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Looking for 22GT Parts

SteelBanger

I'm going to be putting together a 22GT for my sons 10th birthday.

Looking for any and all components from donor actions to custom actions, chassis, barrel blanks, chambered barrels, dies, brass, etc.

Is this going to be a hunting rifle for him shooting coyotes and varmints or more a bench gun?

Is this going to be a hunting rifle for him shooting coyotes and varmints or more a bench gun?
Mostly bench gun but I do have a spot to hit coyotes out to 600y so it would see occasional use for that.

I think you are going with a good build for young kid. I would try to keep it lighter if you plan for him to hunt with it. Maybe give it a can or break to reduce recoil, a chassis with an adjustable length of pull might be a good choice for a growing kid. 22 gt could do good up to deer and antelope. Would be great on coyotes maybe even hammer bullets for the bigger animals. Watch carbon six for sales and check with Pederson llc on a carbon barrel. I think a good trigger for a youngster helps to there not as strong as we are but play with the settings so it's not to lite for him but not to heavy. Trigger techs base trigger see very good. I like to stay with Remington based actions just for the reasoning of aftermarket parts.