Looking at handgun hunting optics for my T/C

nksmfamjp

I'm hunting with my Contender this year in 30 Herrett. It has a Simmons 2-7x on it that has always been reliable, but has a plex reticle and so-so glass. Would like to get a bit better glass and more bdc capability.

Thoughts on the burris vs the crimson trace vs?? Enough better than the Simmons to spend the money?

I've used both, had Crimson Trace on my 460 S&W and it worked well. I usually use Burris but I sure like my old Nikon on my 454 Casull. Decent choices are limited to Leupold (which I think is overpriced for a handgun scope), Burris and Crimson Trace. I'd pick either the CT or Burris and skip the higher priced Leupold.

BTW, I am down to seven hunting handguns and six are scoped with one with a red dot.

I really like the Burris handgun scopes. They have good glass, great FOV, and you don't see a whole lot of the scope itself while you're shooting. The reticle is basic but very usable. Optically it's my favorite between the 3 variable scopes I've tried (Leupold, Vortex, and Burris). Leupolds with Kenton turrets are the best option I've found if you like to dial. The Vortex scout has horrible optics.

I have a couple Burris 2-7s I'm going to list for sale in the classifieds in the next couple days. I just need to get some pictures taken.

The Leupold or Burris are **** fine pistol scopes, I've run an M8 4x for a couple years now and love it.
T/C 2-7x was on my 243 encore barrel held up fine, never needed a re-zero, ran her for 8-10yrs and had no issues. It's only draw back is light gathering, I get an honest 15-20 more min of shooting light with the Leupold early/late. Truly is night and day difference.