New to handgun hunting

Hey Ernie, I know that this is a bit off topic but, what happened to the HandgunHunting forum? Is it gone, or am I doing something wrong....I can't get on the forum! memtb
I don't know what went wrong, or if it will ever be back up

Hey all,
I'm thinking this year I want to try my hand at hunting with a handgun. I've never done it before but I'm not new to hunting. I have two blackhawks, one a 357 and one a 44mag. I'm planning on taking west Texas smaller whitetail and ranged to be 50-75yds max I figure (no idea if this is far or short distance). I'd like to scope the pistol but don't currently own one. Would you run the 357, 44 mag, or buy a different pistol all together?
The Super Blackhawk .44 Mag would be and currently is my choice. Might take the redhawk for a walk too, I seem to shoot it better

.357s will work if you don't try angled or too long shots. I've taken 6 nice WV bucks with my 6" Python out to 80 yrs.-open sights. Also done at least a dozen deer with my Raging Bulls in .41 Mag., .454, .500 S&W each. The larger calibers give you a little more piece of mind in case your shot isn't perfect. Most of my .357 deer were with 158 gr. Sierra JHCs. They expand a little more and cause more damage than XTPs. Even took a doe at 201 yds. with my Python and Aimpoint at 201 with a 160 cast Keith. Probably a lucky shot, but she dropped!

Hey all,
I'm thinking this year I want to try my hand at hunting with a handgun. I've never done it before but I'm not new to hunting. I have two blackhawks, one a 357 and one a 44mag. I'm planning on taking west Texas smaller whitetail and ranged to be 50-75yds max I figure (no idea if this is far or short distance). I'd like to scope the pistol but don't currently own one. Would you run the 357, 44 mag, or buy a different pistol all together?
Please be advised that WHEN you do take a deer, or any other big game animal with a handgun, you will be hooked….. and there's no know cure for it……🤔