Lightweight scope that dials with zero stop, does it exist?

BeaverHunter

Ok I know they exist but doesn't seem to be many out there. When I say lightweight I'm thinking under 20 ounces and would prefer a pound or less. I don't need tons of magnification, something in the 12-15 on the top end would plenty. About the only one I see out there is the Leupold VX-5 3-15 that weighs in at just over 19 ounces. For those of you that have a vx-5, does it dial correctly every time? I was also looking at the Vxi-3 4-14 cds that only weighs 13 ounces but I'm nervous about that with no capped turrets or zero stop. Anything else out there that you all would trust for a hunting rifle? I'm thinking my budget is $1000ish. Thanks in advance

Vx3i 4.5-14x40mm with xds has a zero stop also the non CDS model with an S1 turret
I'm showing the turret is non zero stop unless you do a custom cds dial, which is limited to 14 moa which is 700 yards on my current rifle/bullet combo.

Look at the Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 with the ballistic turret. Awesome light weight hunting scope. I put an MOA ring from the Outdoorsmans on mine and love it.

I have the VX-5 HD on a 28 Nosler. It's zero stop works really well. So far the turrets have been spot on. I do need to do a bit more testing with the turrets but so far it has passed. I will likely replace it with a VX-6 HD 4-24. I would then move the the VX-5 to my 280 AI. I would like a bit more magnification for the 28.

I have the VX-5 HD on a 28 Nosler. It's zero stop works really well. So far the turrets have been spot on. I do need to do a bit more testing with the turrets but so far it has passed. I will likely replace it with a VX-6 HD 4-24. I would then move the the VX-5 to my 280 AI. I would like a bit more magnification for the 28.
They are making a 4-20 vx-5hd too now I believe

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.