• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Leupold Vx6 4-24x52

Looks like I got stiffed! PM'd this guy "huntaxhunta" worked out the deal on this scope via email, and pm's. He updated his post as sold Sunday night. I pm'd him Monday morning asking if he'd received the postal money order I sent him, he say's he did. Said he would send tracking info when scope was on it's way. Crickets ever since, won't respond to pm's or email. I've bought and sold a few scopes and guns on this site with no issue's until now. Thank you to those folks that I have delt with in the past.
If its a postal money order I would contact the post office & see if they will put a stop payment on it! And seems like to me if someone scams when they receive a USPS money order it is federal?? I`d sure contact post office ASAP!

Really sorry to hear this. I joined this site 3-4 months ago and have nothing but good things to say about all of the members I have had dealings with. I have purchased several things and sold one and everyone has been first class. Really hoping this turns around for you!

Contact the Post Master at Post Office where you purchased M.O. He can contact Post Master on other end and maybe intercept M.O. depending on elapsed time. The postal M.O. are insured they will want to stop payment to payee.
It worked for me , Good Luck!

I was stiffed by a sell on another site! It was a firearm and the sell accepted the
USPS MO thru a local FFL as I had insisted the gun be shipped from. The seller cashed the MO and later that day came back to the gun shop and picked up the rifle where it
was on "consignment" from another employee! Contacted the shop owner who couldn't
(wouldn't) what happened! I contacted local postmaster who had the USPS inspector take a statement and I was later contacted by "BATF" investigator! Less than one month later I received a refund via USPS MO for full amount from the FFL!
The FFL license has now been revoked. USPS contacted me to assure the matter was
resolved to my satisfaction (it was) and stated "additional legal action" was pending...
last thing I've heard!
For me, I always use USPS MO and the Postal Inspection Service has been very effective on the only two episodes of scams I've had.
DOC

I've bought and sold a couple dozen items here without issue. Only a couple very small items without a phone call, and those were items sold (surprised I didn't get a call)
Somebody always has to take the risk. I don't buy without a phone call, I want to have an idea of what they sound like. There are people in this world you can screw over..... I'm sure those site is full of people you shouldn't.
Sorry about your loss

Last edited:
There should be a rule that if the seller doesn't have 250 posts and the buyer does have 250 posts, then the Seller must ship to the buyer first, w/ payment second. Why should the buyer always have to take the risk? I have offered that to others that I know are in good standing on this site, although none have taken me up on it given my status here. But if I was just joining a site or had less than 100 posts, and the seller was well known and in good standing, I would absolute ship to the buyer first. This should be mandatory as far as I am concerned.

Thank you all for your input. I have registered a complaint with the postmaster, and the USPS fraud division. I don't expect a favorable outcome on my end, but hope this provides a reminder to all, never take anything for granted, not all people have good intentions. I will post the username and address of the person I was dealing with later today.

Thank you all for your input. I have registered a complaint with the postmaster, and the USPS fraud division. I don't expect a favorable outcome on my end, but hope this provides a reminder to all, never take anything for granted, not all people have good intentions. I will post the username and address of the person I was dealing with later today.
Make sure to bring it to Len's attention

And that's why I use pay pal goods and services ONLY !! Hard lesson learned there.