• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Leupold VX-6

Grey Eagle

I looked at a Leupold VX-6 3-18X50 yesterday at Bass Pro. I was very impressed with the optic's but sticker shocked at the same time. With all the new models of Leupold scopes, I'm lost in the differences between the various models.

How does this scope compare to other Leupold models?

Also, what other brands of scopes would be of comparable or better image quality?

How would the Vortex Viper PST FFP EBR compare to the Leupold?

Thanks in advance,

Jerry

I just purchased the VX-6 and love the clarity of the glass and weight. So far it's tracking well. I also have several Vortex PSTs and to my old eyes the VX-6 have slightly better glass. The PSTs are heavier, but cheaper and I like the knobs for dialing. Overall, there are more VX-6s in my future than Vortexs because they are less bulky. Also, I'm looking forward to trying a Sightron III on a new build due in a couple months. Bought the new FFP model for a LR 7 Rem mag.

I just purchased the VX-6 and love the clarity of the glass and weight. So far it's tracking well. I also have several Vortex PSTs and to my old eyes the VX-6 have slightly better glass. The PSTs are heavier, but cheaper and I like the knobs for dialing. Overall, there are more VX-6s in my future than Vortexs because they are less bulky. Also, I'm looking forward to trying a Sightron III on a new build due in a couple months. Bought the new FFP model for a LR 7 Rem mag.

Thanks dok7mm!

I have a VX6 3-18x50 on a custom 300 RUM of mine. I shot my elk at 550 yards with it this year. Two days later, my buddy shot his elk at 749 yards. Scope has returned to zero after each shooting session. The zero stop is very nice. I like the covered turrets.

I have not box-tested it so the exact tracking ability has not been proven but I have shot it out to 900 yards with first round hits.

I am a HUGE Vortex fan and push their products every chance but the Leupold glass is noticeably better in my opinion.

I like the .25 opening in the TMOA reticle. It isn't too big and not too small. I didn't realize how much I like it until I got out to 700-900 yards, then it really started being able to see what the crosshair was hiding.

The power selector is very stiff and so far that is my only gripe with it.

Overall, if money is not a factor and covered turrets aren't an issue, buy the VX-6.