Leupold vx-3l

Michigander1

I'm looking at leupold vx-3 4.5-14x40 scopes
Some of the scopes say vx-3 and some say
Vx-3l. Both say 30 mm tube side focus.
They are about $150 different in price
Can't figure out what the difference is.
Both are cds and I'm assuming the long range
model. Does anyone know why the price difference
They seem to be the same thing just can't figure
the price change. What am I missing.
The model numbers are 170702 cheaper
and 120605. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Both are also wind plex reticle.

I'm thinking the I stands for illumination. Probably an illuminated center dot in the case of the wind plex.

They aren't illuminated. The one he is referring to are the newest models which are the vx-3i. I can't find any info about them. I had posted about them on another thread but nobody seems to know much about these scopes yet.

Well I was wrong. Here is from the Leupold's 2016 catalog:
THE NEW VX-3i
AND THE TWILIGHT MAX
TM
LIGHT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
NOT ALL LIGHT TRANSMISSION IS EQUAL
The Light Management Index is the formula that makes the VX-3i the ultimate monster hunter, and its
first component is light transmission, though it's not enough merely to have a high percentage of light
transmission. Most competitive riflescopes only measure and transmit light wavelengths present at midday.
It's how so many optics makers can claim such high percentages of light transmission.
The VX-3i's Twilight Max Light Management System
optimizes the wavelengths
of light available in those
very first and last moments of daylight, when big game is on the move, in addition to the light at the
middle of the visible spectrum.
Elimination of glare
is the crucial next step. We blackened the edges of all lenses in the VX-3i, and
precision-machined key internal components to reflect and eliminate stray light. This improves your sight
picture by only transmitting useful light to your eye.
Finally, contrast.
The wavelengths of light we optimize, combined with glare reduction results in the
level of contrast you need to count tines, even in deep shadows.
With Light Management, no matter the conditions, you get the brightness, clarity, and contrast needed.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.