Len's Long Range Rifles, LLC - - - 338 Lapua, 3 shot group at 200 yards during barrel break in

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
We don't build many 338 Lapua rifles but here is a group my customer shot this week during barrel break in. These were shot numbers 18, 19 and 20. I cloned out #17 which was a fouling shot and was darn close to this 3 shot group.

Nice shooting, Dan!

The Brux barrels break in really easily.

By the way, our first couple of 30 Noslers were completed this week.

Len

I finally got all the components/reloading equipment in place, and launched 20 rounds yesterday. I was shooting @ 200 yds. The photo shows the last 4 shot group (including the fouling shot) of the 20 so far in the break-in process.

I think I'm going to be real happy!

Dan

Krier-Lapua-target-160.jpg

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors

Re: Len's Long Range Rifles, LLC - - - 338 Lapua, 3 shot group at 200 yards during barrel brea

Another message from Dan, along with some pix.

Len,

-Sorry to bug you again with some more pics. Yesterday at dusk, I wanted to look for a hog—need to get some blood on that gun. Anyway didn't see any hogs. I have several spots to sit. The one I went to is 399 yds. to the feeder.

-Before I went though, I figured I had better shoot at an intermediate distance to validate my bullet trajectory. So I took 3 shots at 600 yds. from the top of the Polaris Ranger. There was a left crosswind variable 1-3 mph, so I didn't hold for wind. That gun shoots great! The energy in that bullet is amazing—notice the cracked weld on the disk blade. My Rem 700 Sendero shoots really well, but nothing like this gun. Also, the DigIllum Reticle Illumination on the 5-25x56 Nightforce is a great feature. I sure am happy with everything!

Thanks,

Dan

Attachments

• 338 600 yds #1.jpg
    338 600 yds #1.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 338 600 yds #3.jpg
    338 600 yds #3.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 145
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.