Leica 2400r?

zr600

hi I have a Leica 2400r range finder and I noticed while doing a 3D archery tournament that my ranges were off of other range finders by a fair amount. Now another guy shooting with us had a Leica 1600 his and mine were dead on with each other the other two had a sig2000 and sig2200. There's were always 6-10 yards different then our Leicas I quit using the Leica because I was hitting closer to the target with the range of the sigs. Now will my Leica 2400r compensate for angles? I know you can hit mode button and it gives you the degrees but does it give you the true range or just the angle and you have to figure out the math? Are the leicas not much good for bow hunting? Any advice would be great.

I may be way out on a limb here, but there was a conversation elsewhere about a Leica not reading correctly and it turned out that in the battery compartment, there is a switch or button to set it for meters or yards and if you have your Leica set for meters, that could account for the disparity your are seeing? Might pop the battery cover and take a peek. That's all I have. Leica's SHOULD be reading the same as the SIG units, especially at bow ranges (less beam spread = less variability in what is being read.)

zr600 if your Leica is set on metres you will see a dot to the lower right of the aiming reticle when you push down the ranging button. This is changed in the menu settings which are explained on page 35 of your user manual. Your 2400R is also able to calculate the range when pointing up or down, Leica call this EHR which means Equivalent Horizontal Range. This is also explained in the manual after the yards/ metres setting. I hope that makes sense.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts