Lee quick trim die question

trickytune

Hi I just bought 3 quick trim dies 223, 260, 308. The 260 one is fine and has an oring where the case goes to stop it turning. The 223 and 308 ones have a plastic bit in there and the cases don't fit. Looks like a protector for shipping but it seems tight. Instructions say it has oring. I just don't want to knock out the insert and find I have wrecked it. Any help?

try a little 3 in 1 or sewing machine oil put a few drops and rub it in under the ring. if that plastic is a packing thing it should come out and expose the o ring. If not try lubeing your brass before using it.
When I first was using my quick trim the o ring broke and I was told that the cases need the sizing lube left on to prevent the ring from breaking.
But, after using my quick trim for a while I have put it back in the box and went back to my old lee lock stud and cutter system.
Dont get me wrong I like the both the quick trim and my lock stud and cutter, I also like my Lyman unversal but, I do prefer the lock stud system from Lee the best

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.