KUIU Ultra 1800 info needed

I've been running one for 4 years now. Worked my way up from Nimrod to Badlands to Kuiu. The 1800 Ultra is by far the best pack I've carried. I have packed out 4 elk and a wolf with the pack and have never wanted for space or strength. It does take a little practice to get used to expanding the pack to carry meat. I would also recommend the rain pouch as the fabric gets wet quickly. I average about a 35lb pack....carry a pistol, kestrel and Rino on the hip straps. I had initially worried about durability, but it gets carried on dirtbikes, four wheelers and RZR's and has not punctured or ripped yet. We have 3 other guys in camp that have gone with the 1850 Icon Pro and they like it as well.

Just my $.02 worth.....good luck....

Marcus

I have the KUIU 1850 Icon Pro and almost every item in the KUIU line and am very impressed with them for two seasons now. The 1850 is a little more feature rich than the Ultra 1800 but none-the-less everything they make is well done. Even my wife who was washing and folding my camo tonight commented on how well it's made.

No doubt you already know all of this but I think you'll love anything you get from them. I know I do.

Good luck!

Robert

I have a Ultra 1800. Took it elk hunting and love it. Previously had Sitka, Eberlestock and a couple different Badlands packs. This is the most comfortable to me and my back didnt seem to get as hot as some of the others. Perfect size, throw my rain gear, GPS, maps, water, spotter, bino, knives, game bags and still have room to spair. Got the rifle sling as well for it, which works well. Packed a elk quarter out, put it between the bag and the frame and handled the load extremely well. Looking to buy a 3200 bag for over-nighters and weekend trips to throw on the frame...

Last edited:
I have been looking at the ultra series packs also. I am torn between the 1800 and the 3000 for a day pack. I am going to buy the 6000 bag also for extended trips. For you guys that have the 1800 is there enough room for all your gear for a full day hunt? I will have four game bags and pretty much always a rain jacket along with the regular gear.

I have been looking at the ultra series packs also. I am torn between the 1800 and the 3000 for a day pack. I am going to buy the 6000 bag also for extended trips. For you guys that have the 1800 is there enough room for all your gear for a full day hunt? I will have four game bags and pretty much always a rain jacket along with the regular gear.

1800 handles all my stuff with some room to spare, but my rain gear is super small/lightweight, even takes my puffy jacket which I normally start off with and shed mid day...

I am going to buy a 3000/3200 for over nighters.weekend trips when I need to fit in all the normal day stuff plus a sleeping bag/pad/tent/stove/food/water purifier... If you decide on the bigger pack or are torn between the 2 with all the straps and spare compression straps you can compress a 3000 down dang small so your load doesnt shift or lump at the bottom if its not full to capacity.....

I have the Ultra 6000 (same frame) and I have carried heavy loads with it. For me loads up to 80 or 90 pounds are comfortable. Above that the waist belt seems to be a little uncomfortable. That being said a whole boned out deer or 1\2 boned out elk are manageable. I haven't tried and elk quarter with bone in.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.