kuiu icon pro belt upgrade

Wyodog

I have been using a Kuiu Ultra 6000 for the past couple of years. Overall I like the pack. I am looking for feedback from anyone who has used the Icon Pro series or has upgraded the belt. Is there an improvement in comfort?

Also..... as hard as it is please try to refrain for recommending a different pack, ie Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, etch. I am well aware of these products and their reputation but that is another topic.

Don't have the 6000, but have had some experience with the ultra 3000 and the icon pro 3200. My opinion for what it's worth (and that is not very much) the icon pro is more comfortable pack. When you really start to notice it is as the weight increases. It seems to me that you have more control of how you adjust the pack. Now for me either pack would work just fine, as my age seems to have reached the point that I no longer pack weights in the 75 to 100 pound mark very far. That's my 2 cents worth and believe me you don't get much for 2 cents any more and you didn't this time either:). Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.