Krestel 3500 vs. 4000?

angus-5024

Well, what do you guys think. I see that the 4000 has density altitude which in my basic understanding is better. should I buck up the extra $$$ for density altitude or just go with the 3500. I think that I can get the 4000 with bluetooth too, but I dont think its worth the coin. Im getting Loadbase soon if it works better with one or the other.

I have a Kestrol 3500 and love it. I made sure that the output formats of each of the varibles matched those in my ballistic computer. Works like a champ.

Loadbase 3.0 has a Kestrel tab now and will interface with the program so if you have any intent of just setting the Kestrel up and watching the data flow then the 4000 would be the ticket, if you just poke it up into the air and take a reading the the 3500 is all you really need. I use the 3500 and love it you do not need DA with LB as you have station pressure, temp and humidity from the 3500. I'm changing to the 4500 though cause I want the live data streaming so I can pick the air flow that I find most consistent to shoot through without standing there holding the thing in the air, instead I can be monitoring the data from behind the gun so I can take advantage of a good air flow when it hits.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.