knoxx compstock for a remington rifle

pdbsa

hey guys i need some help i am about to buy a knoxx compstock for my rem.700 7mm mag. The problem i'm having is that people keep telling me that the compstocks internals break after shotting alot. Does anyone know if this is ture.

I saw these stocks at the Shot Show,and was impressed.In fact,they were one of the few things at the show that impressed me.I liked the way it's designed to move under recoil.The way the chassis is constructed,the muzzle actually travels downward to counter recoil.The rep told me they had been tested with one of Remington's prototype 338 Lapua's, and they claimed it has been tested extensively.As far as Knoxx's reliability,I haven't seen anything negative about them,but you know how much you can really trust most magazine reviews.

I have one on my mod 70 safari express in 416 Rem. It's not the houge stock they sell a gunsmith kit that you can install in your stock, I used the factory wood stock.
I also have a KDF muzzle break installed.
With the break it kcks like a 270 win, with out the break it kicks like a 30-06. I'm punting one on my 338 Laupa, and I'm planning a 500 A-square that will also be equiped. I don't want another hard kicking rifle without a Knoxx system.
DR B

Oops.I was thinking about their new Sniper stock.Sorry.The only thing i don't like about their regular rifle stocks is their LOP can't be shortened too much.Since I shoot a 13" LOP,their stocks won't work for me.

hey how much does the compstock weight(for both the pillar and bedding block models)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.