• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Kimber Mountain Ascent 300 WM

Hey, can add some kimber insight (note I gave no affiliation, just own a few). This is a subalpine, not to be confused with a subalpine mountain ascent. These were manufactured a few years ago (discontinued in 2020) in 5 calibers between the 84M, 8400 and 84L actions. It is, in a way, a step between the mountain ascent and the Montana during that manufacturing time. Main differences is that it did not come with a muzzle break, and the bolt was not spiral fluted. The bolt cover, however, is fluted with some slots and the barrel is threaded. The bolt cover, threaded and fluted barrel, and subalpine camo stock are the main differences between the subalpine and the Montana. After this, they expanded from just the open country and moss green stocks on the mountain ascent and added subalpine as a color option.
Picture of bolt fluting for reference.

Attachments

• 3017B254-A04A-4FCD-9586-59810AA28DEB.jpeg
    3017B254-A04A-4FCD-9586-59810AA28DEB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Subalpine rifles combine all the best Kimber features in a lightweight, stainless steel and reinforced carbon fiber package that helps ensure performance. These rifles have no equal. Full-length Mauser claw extractor delivers superior controlled round feeding and extraction.

Just a question. If I would purchase this rifle could I put a 375 HNH barrel on it and have it function?