• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Kimber Advanced Tactical Rifle Factory Kit 308 Win. Leupold 3.5-10x40 M1***SOLD***

longrangehunterII

Kimber Advanced Tactical Kit, 308 Winchester. Includes Leupold 3.5-10x40 M1 Illuminated scope w/a duplex reticle mounted on a 20 MOA base, and the Factory Kimber Advanced tactical Pelican case. The kit is missing the torque wrench, Versa-Pod Bipod, a sling and the Otis 7.62 gun cleaning kit. As a entire kit, it carried a MSRP $5,072.00.

I bought this for my brother a month ago, did the load development and since my brother doesn't appreciate good will, live and learn. So I'm selling this Factory Rifle Kit, scope and case along with (4) unopened (50 ct.) bags of 308 Winchester Brass, Redding Type S Match F/L die, 1 unopened box each of 168 Berger Classic Hunter (plus 85 in a opened box)) 185 total and Sierra 168 MK bullets (plus 45 in opened box) 145 total. Also includes the 1 bag of fire formed brass.

This gun will shoot under a 1/4" if you do your part, and an easy 3/8" most of the time since I've used it with both loads. I've put 70 rounds down the tube and was told it had 67, although to me it appeared to be less then that from the looks of the bolt face, and claw extractor showing almost no wear.

Load development from both loads are already done. The gun is in near prefect condition other then two micro sized nicks on the windage turret. Factory gun case is mint condition with zero wear.

$3,500.00 plus $50.00 shipping costs.... it's big and heavy. All Factory untouched rifle, never been taken apart, has already been proven accurate out to 450 yards with both loads.

I'll send anyone a high quality picture via email if the pictures in my posts aren't enough.

Attachments

• Kimber Advanced Tacticle & Case.jpg
    Kimber Advanced Tacticle & Case.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Kimber Adv. Tac. 308 Win. Dec.jpg
    Kimber Adv. Tac. 308 Win. Dec.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Kimber Adv. Tacticle 308 Dec.jpg
    Kimber Adv. Tacticle 308 Dec.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Kimber 168 SMK RL15 12 15 2014.jpg
    Kimber 168 SMK RL15 12 15 2014.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 505
  • Kimber Adv Tac 168 SMK 12 22 2014.jpg
    Kimber Adv Tac 168 SMK 12 22 2014.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Kimber Adv Tac 168 Classic Hunter 01 07 2015.jpg
    Kimber Adv Tac 168 Classic Hunter 01 07 2015.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,301
Last edited:
Re: Kimber Advanced Tactical Rifle Leupold 3.5-10x40 M1 Factory Kit w/case

Hey Guys,

I've owned and/or do own a lot of full customs, this Kimber as shot the smallest three shot groups I've printed on paper in a long time, that's a .1295" in that photo. With every five shot group punching bug hole after bug hole with ease.

I have two GA precision rifles, one in 260 Rem. and the other in 6.5x47 that this gun will either out shoot or shoot neck and neck with, same for my Jarrett, TRG, Kimber/Shilen 6.5/300 WSM, etc.

Kimber's Flagship Tactical Rifle Kit at the rifle only price.

Re: Kimber Advanced Tactical Rifle Leupold 3.5-10x40 M1 Factory Kit w/case

I received a question about the McMillan A-5 stock, it is fully adjustable for length of pull from 14 1/4"- 12 1/2". It has 1/4" removable spacers.

Re: Kimber Advanced Tactical Rifle Factory Kit 308 Win. Leupold MK4 3.5-10x40 M1 illum.

I will take the GA in 260:D
:rolleyes:I'll tell you what, if you buy this rifle, I'll sell you the 260 Remington that George put together himself When I decide to sell it...... that's the best I can do.:D

Honestly, between the two I'd say this. The AI DBM's have issues, especially the 10 round magazines, they tend to fall forward from the action causing the bullets to jam on the feed ramps, but the Surgeon actions are super slick because there's less to binding in them because of a little slop. But the BDL's have zero issues and dropping a round from your hand into the action and closing the bolt is a piece of cake, plus having the control round feed wont jam, but they suffer from a staggered feed, riding over a round without stripping it from the magazine.

Besides the 308 Winchester will at least get you a better chance at a win in a Match simply because they always have a special award for those still using the 308!

Last edited:
Re: Kimber Advanced Tactical Rifle Factory Kit 308 Win. Leupold MK4 3.5-10x40 M1 illum.

I've gotten a few PM's about the barrel, so I'll post it here:

24" button rifled 1:12" 4 groove, recessed target crown, tapering from 1.22 inches at the receiver to 0.75 inch at the muzzle, Match chamber held to half the SAAMI minimum tolerance (plus 0.001 inch, rather than plus 0.002 of the SAAMI numbers).

Read more: http://www.shootingtimes.com/long-guns/longgun_reviews_tacticalkimb_102307/#ixzz3PCKEWWph

The entire barreled action is coated w/ what Kimber calls KimProII in Dark Earth.

Last edited:

I've been receiving a lot of PM's regarding various trades. Sorry but I am not looking for a replacement of any kind, I already have enough rifles to last a lifetime of shooting. The only thing I'm looking to trade for is cash, or USPS MO.

The only reason I'm even forced into this is because my brother isn't the type of guy to appreciate a super accurate tactical rifle since he'll never take the time to "learn to use it to its full potential" period! But that's the truth, He's a factory fodder kinda guy. Shot three-five rounds and go hunting maybe 4 times a year. So his loss is your gain, trust me, this is too good of a rifle to pass up. Do the math and add up the sum of the parts, on top of that you have a Company that will be here long after we are all dead!

A few people have asked would I waive the shipping costs, and I said I would, so to simplify the issue I'm offering FREE SHIPPING!

Free Shipping to your FFL and the Winchester Brass, Berger/ Sierra Bullets, and Redding Type S Match Die set to you home address.

Last edited:

Ok Guys, I just put this package up on GA. If anyone is interested and/or on the fence now is the time. Make me an offer, but I'm not looking for any trades.

The 308 class has never been smaller in the Tactical PRS Matches and they always give away big ticket items to anyone still shooting the 7.62 NATO. Shot a match and win big compared to the other 100+ competitors. This rifle will shoot under 1/4"- 3/8" groups without any trouble.

Last edited:

I have the same rifle and will tell you this, the quality and accuracy of this rifle is outstanding! Bump for an awesome rig!

Not even my gun but you are delusional, check Gunbroker again, that is starting price and not the reserve......

Buy it Now $1800 Kimber 8400 Advanced Tactical 308 : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

Like I said.....I'm a buyer at $2500 which is more than fair considering its used vs. new. No need to think I'm delusional. If your firm on your price thats fine. Not a big deal.
Yo Bitch,

You are delusional, that's not even the seller your talking to you! You might think you have balls for coming onto my post and talking smack but you are nothing but a dirt bag!

A cheap low down dirty punk lightbulb. I wouldn't let your Wife lick the sweat off my balls for $2,500.00 so go F... yourself!

Don't respond either..... go about you merry way and buy that rifle off GunBroker and keep your opinions to yourself!

Hey Travis,

I did a google search and look what I found on Arms List in OHIO and OH.... look this guy is using MY PICTURES TO SELL A GUN HE DOSN'T even own........ That's my rifle on my coach, in my living room and my gun in my case. And hey this guy lowered the price from $2,800.00 on down to $2,500.00 Just for you buddy. So please go buy this one and get what's coming to you!

ARMSLIST - For Sale: KIMBER ADVANCED TACTICAL 308 (7.62 NATO) KIT

I did alert scams list that the above listing is a scam!! But hey, hopefully Travis will send this guy is money and get taken out to the wood shed where he belongs.

Last edited:

In response to whom ever is using my photos on scams-list. As proof those pictures are all from my house, I have (5) five boxes of that hard wood flooring sitting in my garage floor as well as the matching Bull nose I'll be happy to photograph and send to anyone interested as proof. Pretty hard to make a fake flooring photo, unlike a Bill of Sale or a piece of paper.

On top of that they can call the merchant, who is one of the largest online and brick and mortar stores in the US to verify where the Kimber came from I have for sale.

As well as a dozen sales off this site they can call for references.