Kia Ora from New Zealand

Land Rover

Hi Guys
I live in the top of the South Island of New Zealand.
I love shooting and re-loading. I enjoy shooting varmints with my CZ 452 American Varmint 17 hmr. I also have a 303/25 wildcat based on a Lee Enfield #4 mk1 1942 action. I use the 303/25 for Goats, pigs and hopefully soon a Red or Fallow Deer. It shoots 87 gr and 100gr projectiles. I am also an avid fly fisher for Trout and also enjoy tying my own flies. I am a Voluntary Fish and Game Ranger to help check licenses etc.
So nice to meet you all and I am sure I will learn from your posts.

Welcome! Do you have any pics of your Enfield? I'm a fan of all things 25 caliber.
Thanks, and welcome again.

Wow that pics bigger than I imagined, next time I will try and reduce the size.

I now have a Leupold VX1 4x12x40 on it and it shoots inch groups @ 115 yards. The ten shot mag is great for shooting mobs of Goats.

As for long range shooting I was chatting to an old timer the other day who used to compete in the 900 yard shoots with Lee Enfield 303's . Very interesting guy to talk to.

hows it going, i remembered your name from the 17hmr forum. i just read the posts there i dont think i ever joined. some good hunting in the south island huh. im in the centre of the north island. the people here are helpfull and friendly. if you need a ballistics program, check out the g7 one here. its from a different site but linked.

Hi there Blacknzr1, thanks for the welcome. I have used the ballistics programe on this site. Its user friendly which has to be good. Do you have a 17hmr? What a great little shooter they are. I am hoping there will be some members familiar with the 303/25 on this site. cheers LR

Thanks for posting the pic , looks like it will do the job. And it shoots 1 MOA as well,outstanding for an old gun!
I've got a Mauser 98 with a new stock and bottom metal sitting in my safe, trying to make up my mind about a new chambering for it. Can you give some more details on your 303/25? Gotta admit it's a new one on me.

Hi there Blacknzr1, thanks for the welcome. I have used the ballistics programe on this site. Its user friendly which has to be good. Do you have a 17hmr? What a great little shooter they are. I am hoping there will be some members familiar with the 303/25 on this site. cheers LR

yeah, iv got a .17 its a good little gun. mines a savage. i bet you have a field day with the rabbits down there.
my long range rifle is 7mm rem mag. but im sure someone else will have a 303/25. iv seen rifles in stores that look like yours.
i dont know if you do possum fur, but have you seen the price drop... i might hang onto my fur for a bit and hope the money comes back up again.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.