• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Kahles 3-9x42 tds***SOLD***

longrangehunterII

Kahles American Hunter 3-9X42 with the TDS ranging reticle. (scope FS only in picture).

So I have another Kahles 3-9x42 TDS I'm putting up for sale. This one is a few years older, but is still in mint condition. It was put on a 7mm-08 I built for my girlfriend at the time. She used it for six days of hunting white tail deer and some target practice, I used it during load development and on a deer hunt once. (The stock is way too short for me, and the gun too heavy for her). Other then that it has not been used or hunted with since 2005. It does not have a mark on it, and it works like a charm!

This was made when Swarovski owned Kahles and you can no longer get these, great quality. Has a 1" tube and a great reticle for ranging. Includes the flip up scope covers, box and factory paperwork.

http://gmfilias.com/documents/kahles-catalog.pdf

I will send high quality photos to anyone interested. BTW it is listed on another site as well and these scope tend to go quickly.

PS: I have yet to remove this scope from the gun it's mounted on. I don't want to go through all the of trouble if it doesn't sell. I figure since my other one had no ring marks this one wont either? But I will let any potential buyer know prior to them purchasing this scope if it does have ring marks after I remove it.

$600.00 plus shipping. If you want it let me know. United States Postal Service Money Order only or Paypal +3%.

Attachments

• Kahles .jpg
    Kahles .jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Kahles 3-9x42.jpg
    Kahles 3-9x42.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Kahles #2.jpg
    Kahles #2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Kahles #2 3-9x42.jpg
    Kahles #2 3-9x42.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 20
Re: Kahles 3-9x42 tds

So I removed the scope from the rings because someone is interested in buying it.

I found a VVS ring mark .1540" wide and about 1/3 of the way around the housing before the ocular end. unfortunately I didn't lap the rings, not sure why but I didn't do it to these ring on this gun. Either way the mark is slight.

For the cost of this quality of optics..... nothing can touch it. In today's world of cost cutting and margins razor thin companies have had to cut corners to stay competitive. Most companies use glass from China, and have for a long time, except U.S. Optics and the Schmidt & Bender stuff and some use glass from Japan, like Nikon, which is good glass. Even the cheap stuff from China is still good because of manufacturing processes used today. But really good High Density and APO glass still comes from Austria and Germany.

Basically for an older scope made in Austria at this price is a great deal when you compare the quality to price of what's out there today..... and that stuff doesn't come close to what this scope offers.

Below is the scope off the gun.

Attachments

• Kahles #2 FS.jpg
    Kahles #2 FS.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Kahles #2 complete .jpg
    Kahles #2 complete .jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Kahles #2 ring mark.jpg
    Kahles #2 ring mark.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 15