• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Jarrett Remington 700 280 AI (Interest if there's buyers)

Is this the SAMMI spec chamber or do you need to fire form the brass for it? You aren't located in Montana by chance?

Maybe I missed it but what does the rifle weigh?
looks like a little under 8.5 lbs on my postal scale.
image.jpg

Is this the SAMMI spec chamber or do you need to fire form the brass for it? You aren't located in Montana by chance?
This rifle was produced 10 years before Nosler ever submitted their drawings to SAAMI. THAT SAID, THEIR BRASS AND THE FIRE FORM BRASS I GET OUT OF THE GUN HAVE THE SAME MEASUREMENTS.

They, Nosler made a mistake, where on the shoulder they took their measurement of .014" if I remember correctly?

PO Ackley never had any issues with fire forming 280 Remington brass to his improved design because he was a lot smarter than the dumb idiot at Nosler that made a mistake in their drawings to SAAMI.

They may have revised it, like many on their site, but I didn't see it yesterday.

Back in 2014 those dumbbells made such a ruckus about something that was so simple and done on countless of cartridges, that it made headlines!

That said, Kenny Jarrett has built more 280 AI than all the other gunsmiths combined! Thousands of them. And look, even Redding was producing the dies for decades before Nosler submitted their drawings for submission to SAAMI.

And guess what, there dies or the dies made by RBCS all worked fine!

RBCS even had their own version that was slightly different than PO Ackley, and they labeled it as such on their box of dies!

If this wasn't done incorrectly on where the original measurement was on the shoulder, it would have been a nonissue.

This rifle was produced 10 years before Nosler ever submitted their drawings to SAAMI. THAT SAID, THEIR BRASS AND THE FIRE FORM BRASS I GET OUT OF THE GUN HAVE THE SAME MEASUREMENTS.

They, Nosler made a mistake, where on the shoulder they took their measurement of .014" if I remember correctly?

PO Ackley never had any issues with fire forming 280 Remington brass to his improved design because he was a lot smarter than the dumb idiot at Nosler that made a mistake in their drawings to SAAMI.

They may have revised it, like many on their site, but I didn't see it yesterday.

Back in 2014 those dumbbells made such a ruckus about something that was so simple and done on countless of cartridges, that it made headlines!

That said, Kenny Jarrett has built more 280 AI than all the other gunsmiths combined! Thousands of them. And look, even Redding was producing the dies for decades before Nosler submitted their drawings for submission to SAAMI.

RBCS even had their own version that was slightly different than PO Ackley, and they labeled it as such on their box of dies!

If this wasn't done incorrectly on where the original measurement was on the shoulder, it would have been a nonissue.

Thanks for the explanation. Unfortunately I had a very busy day and now it looks like it is sold. I had a 280 ackley that was chambered prior to the Nosler specs and wouldn't chamber Nosler headstamp brass unless I sized it to 280 rem and re fireformed it and is why I asked. Nice rig for sure. I'm sure the new owner will enjoy it