Is US Optics the real deal?

Im looking for the 4.5-27x56 for $1499 and i cant find it. You have a link for that one?
No, PApa Black stated that the 4.5-27 was $1,499, and I said that was the price for the 3-18. Depending on reticle, the 4.5-27 is usually $1,999 retail price, but I'm sure you'll see 10% off (maybe more) for the Fourth of July at a bunch of places.

It's to note i meant to add i've had a USO SN-3 for 10 years now and still love that optic but USO has fallen wayside to more popular design implementation and choices.

Uso for the price is a very forgettable scope. Like @jonthomps i try everything and out of a lot of scopes the tunneling and eye box just sucks. They are built like a tank and seems from the ones I have had they track but tracking is second on my important list behind optical quality and they fall behind. From the words of Chris Kyle "If u can't see it, u can't shoot it"!

I bought a U S Optics B17, went to the range, sighted it in and locked down the zero stop adjuster. The zero stop doesn't work, it rotates past zero as many revolutions as you can turn it. I sent it back to USO three weeks ago and I am still waiting. Needless to say I wouldn't buy another one.

I'd avoid uso. Their qc went in the toilet years ago and with the purchase by Zro Delta, things had a chance to improve, but...
I like my B17, but I also use it as a bench test mule for 100 yard shots. I wouldn't trust it beyond that. I have an SB PM2 or several gen 2 Razors if I need to trust the optic beyond 100 yards.
Hell, what do I know? I know what I do like. I like the reticle, a gen 2 xr, and run it in several scopes including my pm2.
Bottom line is yes, it's a great scope. Will you break it? Let's hope not. If you do, there warranty is ok.
I'd vote SB or Vortex, but hey, that's what I mainly run so I'm a little biased.
@Bstick how about chime in and say NF and Eotrash are much better.

Interesting, to note that they (Schmidt and Bender) have the highest ranked number of shooters by grouping, but the 4th overall usage at the national matches. Possibly, S&B, strategically offered hard to pass up sponsorships to a select group of shooters??? Very interesting data. Anyone have more tangible insight as to why the results are skewed outside of the popularity percentage?
IMO, it's very likely price. I've have become more skeptical of these rankings though. Of late, they can be skewed by sponsorships. While a standard MIL reticle S&B PM2 is priced closely to the ATACR-F1, the Nightforce can be had with one of the sophisticated reticles like the TreMor. To get this level of reticle in the S&B the cost difference can be $1-2000 higher. I think PRS places very high demands on the scope! I haven seen a NF-F1 or S&B fail at a match. Most match failures I have seen(with myself included) were Vortex Gen2's and AMG's. Fortunately service/turnaround with Vortex is excellent, but this doesn't help with the DNF. My current scopes are a NF-F1 and S&B PM11.

I shot this match too, if memory serves it was the fall of 2010. I have to go back and check my pictures. That's what convinced me to never buy a US Optics. Rod and John (the match directors) had a great deal on the scope and/or rifle, but after using it for the weekend (and watching others), I didn't buy either and have never regretted that!....

That was the year. I did buy the rifle (FNH Police), Badger rings, and (forgot the name) sling. I passed on the scope.

Good Luck

Jerry

IMO, it's very likely price. I've have become more skeptical of these rankings though. Of late, they can be skewed by sponsorships. While a standard MIL reticle S&B PM2 is priced closely to the ATACR-F1, the Nightforce can be had with one of the sophisticated reticles like the TreMor. To get this level of reticle in the S&B the cost difference can be $1-2000 higher. I think PRS places very high demands on the scope! I haven seen a NF-F1 or S&B fail at a match. Most match failures I have seen(with myself included) were Vortex Gen2's and AMG's. Fortunately service/turnaround with Vortex is excellent, but this doesn't help with the DNF. My current scopes are a NF-F1 and S&B PM11.

PRS definitely is rough on scopes, lots of dialing up and down and zooming in and out. I'm glad I'm not the only one that's seeing failures at matches and noticing that Vortex Gen2's. I've personally seen 3 of these fail at a match including my own.

The B-series USO's are their best consumer grade scope yet. Note consumer grade. They're nothing like what they used to be. I don't think anything after the TPAL series earned the USO name and I could offer a reasonable argument that the TPAL's didn't really earn the name.

IOR's have been excellent scopes anywhere I've seen them with no return to depot level failures so far that I've seen. S&B's are legendary.

For what it's worth, you can pick up an old SN3 for a song and have one of the toughest, optically pimpin and best tracking scopes in the world. People burn money on new when sometimes the best answer is old.

What do you guys thing, does an excellent tactical/LR scope equate to an excellent hunting scope? Or is that overkill?
It really depends on the individuals particular needs and tastes. My scopes used for tactical/competition(Nightforce F1, S&B PMII) are excellent for this application. For hunting, while they could certainly work, my tactical scopes are big and bulky, weighing 1-2 pounds more in weight, and a few inches longer then I prefer on my LR hunting rifles. Additionally, all my tactical scopes are FFP and MIL based with detailed reticles. My preference for hunting is a SFP with MOA turrets and basic MOA graduated reticle. I would add that given my preferred configuration, my hunting scopes of comparable quality(or same brand) cost significantly less the my tactical scopes.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.