iPhone app

trueblue

looking for an iPhone app that I can tag my tree stand locations, and then use the app to find my stands in the dark
Gets tough sometimes to find them in the dark in big timber
Is there such an app?

Gaia GPS might do what you want. You can download the layers to use offline. You can mark your path in and out.

I use HuntWise. It will mark locations and track your trails. It also has a very useful upgrade that shows property lines and who owns the property. The GPS portion of this app works without cell service. Hope it works for you

i use offline topo maps mostly, but the huntwise app and the onxmaps app is great also for showing boundary lines.

On X HUNT although requires annual subscription does all you want plus a great deal more. Hunting numerous states, I find it very useful.

Gaia GPS is my favorite as far as free apps that will do what you want. I'm using On X Hunt now, but that is mostly to get the public/private boundaries.

-David

David, many new features are being add. Using the different waypoints really comes in handy locating stands, meeting locations, downed games, etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.