• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

IMR XBR 8208?

Jspeed

Has anyone seen this available recently? Use it in my son's 6.5 CM with 123 gr SST's, and getting pretty low…any suggestions for an alternative? 18" barrel suppressed….thanks

There was a guy that was selling 1lb jugs for $180 bucks last week as I was looking for some too. They are gone now, and i bet they sold quick.

Where's your location if someone in treasure valley area of Idaho I've got an 8lb jug.
Awfully nice of you to offer….thanks…I'm in Mississippi…good friend of mine lives in Ketchum, and one of his kids goes to school at Ole Miss….I'll see if he has plans to visit this Fall….again, thanks

Good luck, it's rare as hen's teeth. Rumor has it, they only plan to sell it in 1lb jugs for the foreseeable future. I guess it's not a big seller despite being WILDLY popular in several smaller cartridges such as the 6.5 Grendel. That what I'd like to use it in, but it's not even remotely close to being worth the $180/lb mentioned above. No powder is at this point. A local guy offered to sell me a few pounds at $50/lb, and I declined that even. Why? It's almost pointless to work up loads for a powder I can't get, nor will I be able to any time soon.

In the case of the 6.5G, CFE223, BL(C)2, and H335 all work pretty well, apparently. They're not as temp stable which is a let down, but for what they cost I'll get used to it so those are what I intend to run for 123-129gr stuff. And apparently IMR 4198 does decent with light weight projectiles like the 90gr TNT I'm intending to run, so that's my second load.

But again, good luck! Maybe they'll bring back the 8lbers someday!

My two go-to powders for the 6.5 Grendel and 123-129 grain bullets are 8208 XBR and AR Comp. The AR Comp might work for lighter bullets in the Creedmoor, but my powder of choice for the 6.5 CM is definitely H4350, which has much better availability than the XBR.