• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

IMR 4831

Buck Buster

I went to a local gun shop that I buy from often for a pound of IMR 4831, and they said they were out of it and that it was hard to get all over the country. I then traveled about 15 miles to another gun shop and they too were out of it, but never commented about it being hard to find or get. The one clerk checked on it and said that it was available through his supplier and that he just started an order, but he would get some in. I was called about a week later that it had come in, and went and bought a pound, and saw the spot for IMR 4831 on the shelve was filled ! Was or is there a shortage of this powder ? I found it strange that one shop could easily get it but not the other. I use this in my magnums and have many rounds loaded, but had a box of empties I thought I would load for something to do.

Places that sell powder are all scrambling after what is on the market the day they place the order. On some days, the supply is up; on other's it's down. Americans consume so much inventory associated with guns, it's a constant battle to keep the shelves stocked. This is what they told me at the Scheels in Sparks. Today, it's powder that's hard to find. Next week it may be primers. Or brass. Or hulls. Or bullets. We should all take a second to praise God we have a man in our White House who has promised us he will protect our Second Amendment. I believe him. He's kept a lot of promises over the last three years, has he not?

Places that sell powder are all scrambling after what is on the market the day they place the order. On some days, the supply is up; on other's it's down. Americans consume so much inventory associated with guns, it's a constant battle to keep the shelves stocked. This is what they told me at the Scheels in Sparks. Today, it's powder that's hard to find. Next week it may be primers. Or brass. Or hulls. Or bullets. We should all take a second to praise God we have a man in our White House who has promised us he will protect our Second Amendment. I believe him. He's kept a lot of promises over the last three years, has he not?
he is trying to fix things the dumrats won't let him and right on your qoute and compare to Obama what did he do wrong

Last edited:
They are attempting to take away guns in Virginia, haven't heard anything for several days about it. Don't see how a state can do that when the people have that constitutional right. Has anyone else heard anything (updates) lately ?

They are attempting to take away guns in Virginia, haven't heard anything for several days about it. Don't see how a state can do that when the people have that constitutional right. Has anyone else heard anything (updates) lately ?

:mad::confused::eek:

Sorry about all of them, it kept coming up Error, and I kept trying to send it, didn't know it was being sent.

don't know anything about this . when Hillary Clinton said that she was paid under the table to say it

Last edited:
don't know anything about this . when Hillary Clinton said that she was paid under the table to say it
I am in PA and it was on our local news about a week ago, then I heard nothing more about it, but I figured there would be some shooting if it went too far ! I would not have wanted to be in any of the government officials shoes to say the least !