Idaho Bull Hunter

bullhunter

Finally decided to register after reading many forums. I carry a Weatherby 338 win mag mark 5 because of the capabilities it helps me at very long shots. Last two Bulls down with one shot both over 900 yards. I practice at 1000 and enjoy the challenge. Unit 25 Idaho hunter but animals are getting tougher in my opinion partly due to the wolves. Still go every year for 10 days or so.

gun)

Thanks
Lots of good information here. I have much to learn, but really need some "hands on" advice. Need recommendations on a good scope for my 338 win mag for 1000 yards, but also don't want to eliminate the close up animal because of to much magnification. Thinking something like 4x24x50? Also don't want to break the bank. This is a hunting rifle in tough areas. A used scope would be good for now? Any recommendations??

Any type in 4x14 like a Leupold or 4x16 would work just fine for elk.I shot alot of bulls with a 340Wby w/4x14x50 Leo tact one of first they made.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.