I Need Some Advice - 28 Nosler

With the LRAB's I found that in many guns they tend to like longer jump to lands. Do seating depth test the other way (shorter instead of longer) and i think you will be very surprised to see groups tighten up as you seat deeper. You said you tested at "SAMMI". Seat .025 deeper/shorter OAL, then .050 then .075 then .100 then even .125 and see what happens.

This gun seems to like ~.2-.25 jump with every bullet I have tried. Nothing has shot good long, glad it is not just me!

Curious, I don't know if I missed it.

Are you shooting from a proper bench setup, hunting bag/bags, bipod prone or lead sled ?

I'm using a bench with tripod front rest and split rear bag. Bench is not perfect but stable enough. A lead sled would remove another variable but I feel good about my consistency while shooting.

I believe that you are much better off with your current setup rather than lead sled.

If your forend is flexible it could possibly affect accuracy, check to make sure that the stock and barrel has plenty of clearance . But if you hunt with the same bipod I encourage you to use it for load development.

RL33 and push those LRABs back to .05 to .1 off the lands. I shoot most all the LRABs in various weights and calibers and they consistently like a good jump. I have two loads for my 28 that are .05 and .08 off the lands and shoot .5moa out to 1200yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.