i need advice on what scope to buy.

pdbsa

For my sako finnlight 30-06 deer gun i use a nikon monarch gold 2.5-10x50 and love it. But i'm buying either a rem.700 300 ultra mag or a rem.700 338 ultra mag. If you ask why the ultra mag. instead of a more reasonable caliber mainly its just because i want one no other real reason. For such a monster caliber i figured i would have to use a tactical scope but the tactical nikons have a really short eye relief (3.39 inches). My nikon now uses a 4 inch eye relief which is what i like. I have looked through my friend's BSA 3-9x50 with a 3 inch eye relief on top of his rem.700 338win. mag. Which gave me a black eye after shotting. But so you know i shoot my browning 375 H&H with a nikon monarch gold 2.5-10x50 same as my 30-06 with no problem so its not the fact that it was a mag that gave me the black eye. Anyways in closeing what scope or scopes do you all think will work the best for what i want to do.

Just to agree with you, I have a Nikon Tactical and it's good on a 300WM but Ii get brushed occasionally and would never put it on any larger caliber.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.