I need a Bigger Safe

I'm looking for a bigger safe. I have two now that realistically hold 20 scoped rifles each. Looking to keep one of the smaller ones for documents and stuff, but looking for a big safe to hold lots of guns. Any suggestions??? Or thoughts about Cannon Amrmory 100 Safe or Winchester Ranger 54? Thanks for your feedback.

I've got a Superior safe and really like it. No matter which one you pick, look up the youtube videos about how easy it is to break into the vast majority of the low end models. Ultimately, the strong-looking door isn't particularly strong.

I went with the Superior safe because it has a plate steel outer layer on the door along with a better design of the door frame at a reasonable cost.

-David

Most of your sheet metal (cheap) safes only provide basic protection from theft, but not from fire. Your everyday burglar with a crowbar might gain access to your house, but doesn't want to spend the time to attack and defeat a safe. He simply is not equipped for it. Most burglars like to enter a house and be gone in 5 to 10 minutes, just filling pillow cases with electronics and handguns.
Most of your gunsafes with a well known name provide better protection against forced entry, and also provide fire protection. Browning, Cannon, Liberty, etc (I have had all three) are good.
Check with your homeowner's insurance, they might offer a discount if you store your valuables in a safe.
If you are looking for a "big" safe, check the dimensions of the safe compared to the doorways that it has to pass through. Most come mounted on a pallet which will increase the width needed to get it into the house. Also, be sure if you aren't going to put it on a slab (if your house is raised) that the weight of the safe and it's contents won't exceed the floor capacity.

I ordered mine at the NRA show last year. It might be worth asking about a show discount with the NRA coming up at the end of the month.

I have been looking at Sturdy and Champion gun safes. They seem well built and offer a plate steel door.

Liberty safe. The warranty is amazing against fire and whatever is thrown at it. A fatboy is 64 gun capacity. Check out their website. Made inUSA

You might consider reinforcing an existing closet. Extra layer of 5/8" sheetrock and sheet metal lining will give you a good 1 hour to 1.5 hr fire rating . Then reinforce door frame and install a steel fire door with numerous dead bolt locks will deter most, if not all theifs.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.