I drew my Oregon tag!

I used to take a backup rifle but these days I'm getting more leery of the practice. I do carry a backup revolver. I don't like leaving any firearm unsecured these days. It's okay call me paranoid. I just see different things these days out in the woods. YMMV. I'd pick the 7mm RM even though I carry a 30-06. But whichever you shoot better or have more confidence in.

I used to take a backup rifle but these days I'm getting more leery of the practice. I do carry a backup revolver. I don't like leaving any firearm unsecured these days. It's okay call me paranoid. I just see different things these days out in the woods. YMMV. I'd pick the 7mm RM even though I carry a 30-06. But whichever you shoot better or have more confidence in.
I always take a back up rifle now. I broke my scope on an eastern oregon elk hunt. Driving out to try to make it to town to throw a cheap scope on it......herd of elk single file crossed in front of me. All cows until last elk branched 5 point. Tried to shoot it with out a scope.....didnt work out.

I always take a back up rifle now. I broke my scope on an eastern oregon elk hunt. Driving out to try to make it to town to throw a cheap scope on it......herd of elk single file crossed in front of me. All cows until last elk branched 5 point. Tried to shoot it with out a scope.....didnt work out.
It's a personal choice. I live in Eastern Oregon and see some strange going ons when I'm out and about. I'd rather miss an hunting opportunity than leave a firearm unsecured these days. I've carried two rifles for varmint hunting, but big game I carry only one rifle. I won't leave a firearm unattended in camp anymore. It's a personal choice.