How did you find us here at LRH.com?

I started visiting the site to read a few of the articles, 338 edge, and so on. In fits and starts I get caught up in the idea of getting a custom rifle, I have foind a lot of useful information on this site and finally decided to join.
Oh yeah, I am in eastern South Dakota.

While searching for a model seven XCR in 308 This site came up. Still have not found the gun but have learned alot looking for it.

Alvin Langford
Newberry Fl.

Just surfing trying to find more information. Your site seems a lot more approachable than others.

I was looking for a Kimber Montana in .308, a google search brought up the sight, I joined and bought the rifle within days from a great member.

Last edited:
Good eveing LRH.com members. My name is Robert Paul and I'm from the Bruce Peninsula, between Georgian Bay and Lake Huron in Ontario.

I found this link while boucing around the forums on CanadianGunNutz.com. I've been using firearms since being introduced to shooting by my Dad and uncle at age 5. I started wtih a 177 Pellet Gun and 22 LR and worked up from there. I am an avid hunter and have shot most of the common caliber rifles and have successfully taken game out to 600 yards.

I like the idea of developing a long range rifle, and was impressed with the wildcat developements of Jarrettrifles.com. It seems like most of the "pet calibers" have been enhanced through Ackley Improved or other case developments that have created some interesting results.

I have avoided reloading and having a serious custom rifle built and think that it's time to get something built for a good long ranger rifle. I would consider my Sako AV as my most accurate rifle.

I'm still absorbing a lot of the information on this (and other) gun sites so bear with me. And I'm glad to be aboard to enhance my understanding of the many possibilities associated with rifle and ammo performance.

just lucky i guess, i was actually looking for some brass and bullet info. and opinions. i do have a question for the members that might live in the bitterroot.although missoula has two beautiful 1000 yd. ranges those of us south[ in the bitterroot] have none. i for one hate driving to zoo town just to be on a 1000yd. range so i do what most others do, go out and find a safe area on public land and shoot. but it sure would be nice to have one here in the bitterroot for all the obvious reasons. anyone else in the root feel this way?

New In VA. I was doing a search on the 308 for long range shooting. And there you were! Bought an inexpensive Marlin xs7. .75 MOA using RL-15/45gr and 165 sst Hornadys. For the budget, I can't complain. The wealth of knowledge on this site is invalualbe and far beyond what I could ever acheive. So I'll keep reading. Thanks for all the info!

i was surfing and found lrh on another forum it had so muchgood stuff i immeditly? put it on my favorites list. when i have to get back on the computer ,and want to find out anything about shooting reloading this is one of the best places. a buddy i worked with has aplace in mason county. we planted 100 pecan trees which we will have to graft pretty soon . the deer population grew fat off ove our hard work . he called and said hurry and get down here,i have two bucks trying to ruin me . went there about ten days early. sure enough skint trees and no leavs and he was really peeved . we did some minor work went to a flag burning cermony . that was a little later than opening, it was veterons day. we stood to and fired a salute with some 1917 enfelds.i would surely be afraid to fire any thing but a blank in one of those . by the way my friend gave me one rebuilt to 30-338 . tie that sucker to a tire and pull a long string behind a big tree thank you . opening morning finds me at the buffalo waller stand .out steps a 8 point with pecan bark on his horns and aguilty look on his face .my remington model 7 in .243 made short work of him with 1 shot. this happend about 10 min before daylight 3+9+50 leopold like watching tv ', 20 minutes later here comes a 7 p0int he was about 125or150yrds half again as far as the first one i poped him he staggerd then started walking so i poped him again .down he went both behind the same sholder tough old raskel .my buddy killed a 150 200lb boar fat and wonderful off of his corn and pecan tree diet . parden my ignorance. am learning ?????

Recent Posts