• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Horizon Firearms 6.5 Creedmoor

Crews

This rifle was built by Horizon Firearms in College Station, Tx. All rifles leave the shop with a 1/2 MOA guarantee, and this one is no exception.

https://www.horizonfirearms.com/

I am the original owner of this rifle, and round count is under 200. Details are as follows:

Action: M-70 pattern action and bolt started life as a FN TSR short action (308.) Action trued during build.

Barrel: 18" Benchmark flat cut spiral flutes. I get a lot of comments on how cool it looks, but in reality it saved enough weight to make it worth while. It has no problems shooting consecutive 5-shot groups that are under MOA. Threaded 5/8x24 and currently wearing a TBAC break that will be removed.

Stock: McMillan Game Scout, flush cups front and back on left side, mini-rail up front to enable Atlas bipod use. Stock has a CDI bottom metal kit, and uses AI pattern mags. Rifle will come with 1 5rnd AI mag. (1) 5rnd and (1)10rnd are also available for additional $.

Trigger: Timney

The barrel and action were Cerakoted matte black. It's got a 20MOA EGW rail that's been on there since it started life as a FN rifle. Currently wearing a Nightforce ATACR 4-16 F-1 that COULD be left on per request, but I'm planning on keeping it for the next project so wouldn't be at any sort of discounted rate. As a bonus, I will include all the factory take-off FN parts, including DBM, fluted 308 barrel, and Houge stock.

This intent of getting this rifle built was to have something compact enough to carry around easily and stick out the window of a box stand, but also be solid enough to get prone and do some target/distance stuff. It has worked out perfectly for those activities. The gun is in great shape. Shoots several different varieties of Hornady factory ammo at sub-moa. Currently zeroed for 140 Berger VLD-H ammo from Custom Reloads of Dallas, shoots that sub moa as well.

I'm asking $2800 for this rifle. It's located in Lafayette, La. I understand it's a lot of money to spend on a rifle, so I am willing to travel a couple hours in any direction to meet at a range for a "try before you buy" if I get the feeling you're a serious buyer. Will also take to my FFL and ship it to you. Don't hesitate to text me with questions, nine zero three.seven three six.nine two seven zero. Thanks for your time!

These pictures were taken when the rifle was built last year. They've been included because they're excellent quality and show lots of detail. The stock no longer has a sling swivels, or the YHM muzzle device. Bipod is not included.

Creedmoor 1.jpg

Creedmoor 2.jpg

Creedmoor 3.jpg

Thanks guys! It's certainly a fine rifle.

Random comment of the day: I'd be interested in trading in person for a quality 6.5 Grendel upper and a Tikka 300WM, or either one of those by itself plus cash

would also be interested in trades for full AR-10's from quality builders or assembled with quality parts.

open to trade offers. Quality 6.5 Grendel upper + Cash. Also, would be interested in fast 6.5mm bolt guns(6.5x284, 6.5SAUM) or long actions capable of shooting 200grn+ projectiles (7mag, 300wm, 300rum, etc.)

also willing to separate McMillan stock from barreled action if I get a buyer lined out for both.