• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Horizon Firearms 28 Nosler (195 Grain Bergers)

Pharmsales

Hello,

I purchased this Horizon Firearms Z-Custom rifle used from a member here (he was the original owner) back in October, 2017. I was headed back from an Elk Hunt in New Mexico and made up my mind on the rifle as I wanted something a little more stout than the 180 grain Bergers my LRM offered. The rifle is a beaut and I liked the color and fluting.

MODEL: Z-CUSTOM
SERIAL #: HRZ05XX
CALIBER: 28 NOSLER
ACTION: HORIZON STILLER
BARREL: BENCHMARK BARREL 1/8.25 TWIST
CONTOUR: BENCHMARK #4 CONTOUR
LENGTH: 27"
FLUTING: SIRAL FLUTES

After purchasing it, I took the rifle back to Horizon to have them make a few changes. I had them replace the 20 MOA rail with a set of their Iota rings, install their muzzle break, replace the Timney Trigger with a Jewell trigger, install flush cups into the stock as well as install the forehand rail for an Atlas Bipod.

As it turns out, the last two seasons have been all about the bow and, as I am sure many of you can relate, the completion of another custom build in the same caliber. That new rifle is about to ship so at this point I am in a position where I need to free up some space in the gun safe.

I never took the time to shoot the rifle, but did have a few reloads put together with the recipe from the original owner. Those will go with the rifle as well as what little brass I have (not much).

Here is a link to the Horizon Firearms website where I believe they actually have a picture of my gun that is for sale here (before I had the rail replaced with rings, etc.). Also, they have the stock listed as a Manner T5A, but it is actually a Manners EHSL with DBM in Midnight Camo. - https://www.horizonfirearms.com/more/rifle-gallery/z-custom-28-nosler.html

I weigh the gun in at 10 lbs 4 oz by my bathroom scales.

The target from Horizon shows less than 1/2 minute for accuracy with 180 grain bullets. The rifle is set up to shoot the 195 grain bergers. I do have a target with the 195's on a 300 yard target from the original owner (it's a shooter). The velocity of the 195's as I recall was just at 3,090 FPS.

Round Count - I know the round count on the rifle is well under 100. I believe it was in the 50 round range. I added zero to that.

No issue rifle that needs a new home.

I live in Austin and a face to face meet is no problem.

$3,450 with dies.

Bryan Lewis
512-632-3198

pharmsales19June2019.jpg
pharmsales19june20192.jpg
pharmsales19june20193.jpg

pharmsales19june20195.jpg

Attachments

• pharmsales19june20195.jpg
    pharmsales19june20195.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 59
I have had a few questions around whether or not the Swaro X5i scope was included with the sale.

The scope is not included.

Thank you.

Bryan