Hog hunting in southeast U.S.

Web1350

I've been contemplating for a few years on doing some hog hunting. I live in Pennsylvania and don't really want to travel as far as Texas or Louisiana so I would prefer to keep it in the states along the eastern seaboard. That said, I'd appreciate any input on where the best areas would be and "hoops" I need to jump through, i.e. licensing, season(s), and any good hints you may have. Thanx in advance.

Only experience I have is Florida and Alabama. Florida is nice because there are no rules to pig hunting. You can bait them, shoot at night, no license (even for out of state) no tags and kill as many as you want. There are a number of places around Orlando and down that supply everything for a hunt. Lots of pigs down there.

Only experience I have is Florida and Alabama. Florida is nice because there are no rules to pig hunting. You can bait them, shoot at night, no license (even for out of state) no tags and kill as many as you want. There are a number of places around Orlando and down that supply everything for a hunt. Lots of pigs down there.

Thanx. I'll definitely have to check that out. I was hoping for maybe South Carolina but Florida sounds like it may be the least hassle.

Thanx. I'll definitely have to check that out. I was hoping for maybe South Carolina but Florida sounds like it may be the least hassle.
Seems I checked into South Carolina one time many years ago for hog and deer all I can say is there are places that offer hog hunts. Lost the info so I can't help any more than I know there are places that offer hog hunts

I don't want a guided hunt or on a preserve. I think that takes a lot of the fun out if it although that would give the best chance of success.

I don't want a guided hunt or on a preserve. I think that takes a lot of the fun out if it although that would give the best chance of success.
I agree with you on that point but I didn't see anything about public diy and I guess if I'd researched some more I may have found something but as I recall it wasn't a whole lot and it would get you there in front of game if anything. If you happen to run across anything public let us know?

I think that Tennessee has some decent hog hunting.....a little closer for ya! At first, I thought you were look'n for a "hog of a" antelope! ;) memtb

I agree with you on that point but I didn't see anything about public diy and I guess if I'd researched some more I may have found something but as I recall it wasn't a whole lot and it would get you there in front of game if anything. If you happen to run across anything public let us know?
Will do.

In 2011, new regulations were enacted that changed wild hog management. Wild hogs are no longer regarded as big game animals in Tennessee. In order to remove the incentive to relocate wild hogs, they are now considered a destructive species to be controlled by methods other than sport hunting.

It is illegal to possess, transport, or release live wild hogs.

Check on one of the military bases in Georgia. Fort Stewart Fort Benning They have lots of hogs.
Relatively easy to get permission

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.