Hi from Portsmouth,England.

sean1960

Hi, Just got a reminder to introduce myself,I thought I Had, never mind here goes, I was born at a very young age, :rolleyes: I am 55 years young and was told if I hadn't grown up by the time I was 50 I didn't have to, I got back into shooting about 3 years ago,after a long absence, since I left the British Army in 1987.

My current inventory is

Parker Hale Custom No4 in .303

Tikka T3 super varmint in .223

GSG 5 SD semi auto in .22lr

And today I just picked up an Anschutz 1422 in .22lr :) at Bisley (The home of the NRA in British shooting).

Welcome to LRH! You have some nice firearms there. I`ve found this site to be a great source for information and a place to share with like minded people. There`s a lot of good people here! :)

Hey Sean, I am also 55! I live in Idaho & love all sorts of hunting with my favorite being black bear & mule deer. Favorite rifle is my 300 win mag!
What do you hunt in England?
Thanks, Kirk

Hi Kirk, I dont hunt,I only punch paper, the biggest things I have shot is a few rabbits, and that was about 40 years ago,with an .177 air rifle. In the UK the biggest wild animal we have is the red deer and there aren't many of those about and it costs an absolute fortune @ 1500 bucks a day whether you get one or not.This is because they are all owned by the landowner and you have to have a stalking guide and various certificates ( which also cost)to prove you are competent to hunt deer. The biggest predator we have is the red fox and badger, The badger is protected so you cant shoot them anyway. The red fox is a pest/varmint, but again you have to have written permission from the land owner, then the police get involved and inspect the land, tell you which calibre you can use up to, and there is a minimum calibre size for each type of animal you want to shoot, then if you do get through all this, it's a good idea to let the local police know where you are shooting, because people report 'seeing people with guns' and an armed response unit turns up, not worth the hassle really. but I do kill loads of paper:)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.