Hi from GA

SeeinStripes

Not too many long range opportunities here except for the hi-tension food plot. I found you guys in a search for Armalite ar30. Got a good chuckle about the guy who sold his back in '06 and people are still asking if it's for sale. I don't have anything long range right now except maybe my muzzleloader, but I'm looking for a rifle to compete in some amateur long-range stuff and figure the .338 will suffice my needs.

I won a contest a couple years ago against about 15 other guys shooting best of 3 shots at 900 yds in heavy swirling winds. I was the last to shoot and it was darn near too dark to see anymore, but round 3 was 5" off dead center. Most guys didn't hit the 4x8 sheet of plywood the target was on. I was shooting 7mm STW with 168 grs. It was a borrowed gun, so I think we did pretty good with it. We were also standing with the back of an old C-10 as a rest. :cool:

I'm a big striper fishing guy out my way and have done a fair bit of guiding and I also run a fishing website called Striper Soup. About to open up a tackle shop here local that carries striper only stuff. Striper Soup Bait & Tackle of course! Pretty exciting stuff. I just hope we get a good prez that doesn't keep stifling small business.

Anyways, best of times to everybody out there in long-range gun world. It's great that there's this many of us!

Shawn McNew
I fly my red white and blue 24/7

Average size fish
IMG00097-20111031-1454.jpg

My vessel, which doubles as my commercial shad fishing rig! 20' Flatbottom.
IMAG1920.jpg

2010-10-029514.43.50.jpg

My wife with her best 29.5 lbs
0501001730.jpg

And might as well toss in a vid of some fish! I've got a couple dozen on utube

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.