Hi from Central Utah

goneballistic

Hi LRH, I'm Matt from Central Utah, I've been a long time lurker here and figured it was finally time to introduce myself. I'm moving into shooting a little further and starting to gather some gear up so will be asking some questions.

I have shot rifles my whole life, competed in small bore and at 300M in high school, and have shot informally most of my life. I switched to bow hunting several years ago but have recently started to shoot targets again and will do some light varmint hunting and maybe coyotes a few times a year as my son really really likes hunting and shooting.

we have a Remington SPS Tactical .308 with a 4x14 Falcon Menace on it and a Savage M11 in .243 that we are probably going to be working on.

I am shopping for a savage in 6.5 creedmoor as I've been a long time fan of the 6.5's (spent a lot of time in Finland where 6.5x55 rules as a shooting and moose killing machine)

I'm looking forward to learning how to get these rifles out to 800 yards or so for targets and prairie dogs. There's a lot of knowledge here and we'll enjoy soaking some of it up.

-matt

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.