• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Help me identify this Rem 700

LkHntr

Selling for a friend, Remington 700 sa action stock,

I do not know what brand stock is or if the barrel and action are original, for the barrel is blued(was) and the barrel is stainless.. .17 rem cal.

He would like to sell the stock (make an offer), the barrel and action would also be for sale for the right price

$ 200 obo for stock
$700 obo for barreled action.
20221121_215836.jpg

20221121_202705.jpg
20221121_202727.jpg
20221121_202743.jpg
20221121_202841.jpg20221121_202924.jpg20221121_202939.jpg

Last edited:
Selling for a friend, Remington 700 sa action stock,

I do not know what brand stock is or if the barrel and action are original, for the barrel is blued(was) and the barrel is stainless..

He would like to sell the stock (make an offer), the barrel and action would also be for sale for the right price
Picture?

If this is the wrong forum to ask for advice on the value please delete and let me know where to go with the questions,

Pretty sure I have a few pictures it seemed slow when uploading them..?
Thanks

Might help on future adds to tell the people what it is chambered in, not everyone will be able to figure out to zoom in on one of your pictures to see that it is a factory remington barrel chambered in 17 remington. Another thing that helps give a little more confidence is writing your user name (LkHntr) and the date on a piece of paper and put it next to the item your selling in one of the pics. I'm not attacking you, just saying, lots of scamming going on these days, people just want to feel safe in their investments.

Worn finish on a pre 75 action, likely a gunsmith leftover re-barrel job and the stock is either Stocky's or Boyds, but I'm leaning towards Stocky's. For what you're showing, I'd guess you'd be hard pressed to get about 500 for the barreled action and stock together. I feel like you've got an action for sale, the rest is questionable. Just my opinion though.

If your mainly just looking for info, it's an older, pre - prefix remington 700 action with a factory barrel. It may have an aftermarket trigger as well, I can't quite tell, but from what I can see it doesn't look like the standard trigger on those older 700's. I had heard (not sure if it's true) that in some of their more overbore chamberings, such as the 220 swift and some others, they used stainless steel. However it is also possible that it is a chrome moly barrel that has just had the bluing polished off of it as well. I can't tell you on the stock, could be a custom made Richard's microfit, or one of many other manufacturers.

From looking at a remington barrel mark decoder, it appears to have been manufactured in September of 2000.

Last edited:
If your mainly just looking for info, it's an older, pre - prefix remington 700 actiom with a factory barrel. It may have an aftermarket trigger as well, I can't quite tell, but from what I can see it doesn't look like the standard trigger on those older 700's. I had heard (not sure if it's true) that in some of their more overbore chamberings, such as the 220 swift and some others, they used stainless steel. However it is also possible that it is a chrome moly barrel that has just had the bluing polished off of it as well. I can't tell you on the stock, could be a custom made Richard's microfit, or one of many other manufacturers.

From looking at a remington barrel mark decoder, it appears to have been manufactured in September of 2000.
I'm with you. I think it's a older version of richards wolverine.

Definitely a Harry Lawson stock.. I had him semi Inlet a couple blanks for me in the early 90's.

Thanks everyone for your input I appreciate it.
The barreled action is sold pending funds.