Hello from UK (Sout peel)

BulldogSV650

Hi my name is Clint, born and raised in South Africa where my father and I did a lot of shooting and reloading. I was only fortunate enough to do the target shooting part, he managed to get a few hunting trips in.
Been married for 5 years now and have a daughter who is 18months old. 33y/o. Don't get to shoot as much as I want to, and the easiest for me is clay pigeon, but hoping to get into a bit of long range shooting and purchasing a rifle to do it with.
Currently I have my late father's shotguns and his rifle(pig gun) which are a Franchi semi auto 12guage shotgun, a Franchi side by side 12guage shotgun and a Marlin lever action 44mag(pig gun). I also have a .22lr Anshluts sporter which was mine. I have used the 44mag at 100m before and found the experience quite enjoyable.
Currently working as a motorcycle mechanic and studying welding too. Looking forward to learning tip to consistency with shooting at long range. And getting advice on what to get when the time comes.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.