Hello from Southern Arizona

Bru88

I'm new to the site. Have been shooting for many years. Mostly pistols. I'm a NRA, Armed Citizens LDN and GSSF member.
Currently I'm setting up 2 guns for LR shooting 1) Savage 300 WM with accu stock and trigger, topped with a Millet 35mm 6-25X56 (???? I'll let you know what I think of it, not impressed with Millet so far.) My 2nd gun is a DPMS LR-308, Geissele HS NM trigger, topped with a Nightforce 3.5-15X56 NXS. I also have a few AR15's I'm playing with. Justed ordered a 6x42 Super Sniper to try on one of them.
I am set up to handload for the 300WM, haven't started working up any loads yet. So any starting point suggestions are more then welcome.
Love the site, been reading for the last few days. Lots of great info here, and nice people also.
I do live in Southern Arizona, about 50 miles east of Tucson. Lots of great longrange shooting available around here.
I have been day dreaming about a Ferret 50 so please give me some feedback if you own or have shot one.
Well thanks for any feedback and your vast knowledge, nice to be here, hope to learn a lot from everyone....Bru

Bru88,
I am moving to the Sierra Vista area in a few months. I look forward to meeting some folks to shoot with. Where do you shoot now?
Matt

Thanks guys. Matt There are 2 ranges in SV area I've shot at one the other I had private instruction from one of there teachers. Combat pistol course class.
Sierra Vista Shooting Range
A List of AZ ranges
Gator w/ Massad Ayoob
Plus you have millions of acres of pulic lands to hunt and shoot on (get an AZ hunting lic. to make you totally legal). Plus we have great gun laws out here. CCW is legal if your of age. Lots of four wheeling, hiking, outdoor stuff to do. (make sure you are armed at all times out in the desert we have a very bad illegal/drug dealer problem out here.)
By the way it was 82 degree's here yesterday...we have flowers blooming!!! Great shooting weather.
Matt I am about 40 miles north of SV. Welcome to AZ (soon)
Matt on the 2nd link check out three points gun range, lots of shooting comp's there if your interested, located west of Tucson maybe 1 hour from you.

Thanks Bru88. That is great info. I look forward to getting out there.

I actually lived in SV for a couple years about 7 years ago. It was my first assignment in the US after a few years overseas. I did not have my guns or bow, and I did not hunt while I was there. I look forward to catching up on what I missed.

Matt welcome back then, and thanks for your service! Make sure your a/c is charged up, it was close to 80 again today! Great shooting weather. I think they still have some Javelina tags left over for the end of the moneth if your out here. Check the fish and game website.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.