Hello from SD

Welcome. What part of SD are you from? My in-laws live in the northern Black Hills area and we hunt in central SD. for pheasants.

Thankyou- I live on the eastern side. I suppose you pheasant hunt near huron or mitchell.

Actually, we pheasant hunt near Onida. Personally, I love western SD. Am living in Az now to go to school. When I am finished, there is a good possibility that we will move there. Some of the best deer hunting I have seen is in your state.

Ya there is some great deer hunting here. There was a possible new state record muley shot this year going like 201 I think. The eastern side has big whitetails I personnally shot a 184 7/8 3 yrs ago and not far from where I got him I guy got a 190 this year.

Awesome. Only problem is a nonresident getting an East River tag. I have hunted deer around the Belle Fourche area a couple of times and loved it. I took one that goes around 160" about the same time as you got yours. Where we pheasant hunt I have seen some monsters, just can't get a tag. And the worst part is that it is my in-laws property. Wouldn't have any problems with access. May try bowhunting it until I become a resident myself.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.