Hello from Georgia

chesterdawg

Hello,

I grew up shooting bb guns and friends .22s
I later had a 10/22 that I wished I still had. I just used that for plinking in the woods.
For the last couple years I've been buying handguns (9mm, .22, .38) for conceal carry/home defense. I've spent quite a bit of time at the range practicing. I decided I wanted to get a rifle and try some small game hunting so I just got a RWS 48 Striker air rifle in .22
I got this because I figured its a well made rifle, has a scope and the ammo is very cheap to use. If I decide I like hunting as much as I'm hoping I'll then likely get a .22WMR or .17HMR for small game up to (including?) coyote. I know I have some time but from what I'm reading there is much debate on those two calibers. If all goes well there I'd like to get a .223 (maybe 22/250??) but I'm getting ahead of myself.
Anyway I have much to learn, that's why I'm here. I did spend some time this afternoon when my new RWS Diana came in. I'm quite pleased with the solid build quality (German) and accuracy, so far out to about 30-40yrds.
I'm sure I'll be asking alot of the typical noob ?s but.....well you know, I'm a noob.
If anybody would be willing to show a noob the ropes, I'd be grateful. I'd like to learn how to hunt everything from small game to deer including the tricks of calling etc.

Steve

Last edited:
Welcome to Long Range Hunting Steve. Get out your checkbook, you've got a long, but enjoyable, experience ahead of you.:)

Ain't that the truth!
Well maybe I can convince my 5 & 7 yr old kids to go through the ROTC program so I can keep buying toys :)

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.