Hello From AZ

SilentPew

Hey Guys,
Trevor here from Southern AZ. I'm 28, work at one of the big outdoor stores, have a love for hunting and all things that go boom. From 22LR to 50 BMG and everything in between (including stick and string). Recently picked up a Barrett M99 and am looking to get into a 300wsm here soon(LR hunting/ELR plinking). Most of my shooting is of the tactical type with handgun, AR etc but I do a fair amount of hunting here in southern AZ that requires LR shots. Looking to gain knowledge from you all for that as well as ELR for fun. If any of you have questions about tactical gear, suppressors, reloading, archery or hunting critters in the old west I'll do my best to help!

Question: What's your favorite rifle caliber of all time and why? Doesn't have to be for any particular type of shooting.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Trevor! Sounds like you have lots of fun.

My favorite cartridge has been .22-250 but lately I've been shooting a 6mm Creedmoor and that's a lot of fun too.

Welcome Trevor!
I'm up in Black Canyon City.

For caliber, I'd have to say 30 caliber. For cartridge, the 300 win mag has always been my favorite. Been hunting with them for 40 years now.

I also love the 264 win mag, 220 Swift, and more recently the 338 Lapua Mag. I have other rifles in 223, 308, and 30-06, and they get their share of love as well.
If I had to have "just one", it would be (and actually has been in years past) the 300 WM.
I hope it never comes down to that again. I love em' all, just love 300 win mag most... the others don't seem to mind...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.