Hello from Alaska

D.Stone

Hello,

New member here and long time lurker that just moved from Georgia all the way to Fairbanks Alaska.

I've been a dedicated long range shooter for a good part of my life...it's probably my main hobby and outlet. I've shot PRS, Palma, and Across the Course Service Rifle. I also have a decent amount of experience hunting in the Southeast United States for Deer and Hogs. I've also been in the Army for something like 6 years now...I'm honestly starting to lose track.

I've already linked in with some friends up here in the great white north, and we are looking at expanding the number of long range shooting opportunities up in the sector of the country.

Hey D.Stone, good to hear from you. I appreciate the service you are providing via the US Army. Not an easy life, but you and your buddies are always in our thoughts and prayers. There's no freedom without someone fighting for it. God Bless.

That's exciting you are now in Alaska with all sorts of big game available to you. I'm sure there will be some long range opportunities (caribou? sheep? mtn goats?) Keep us posted as you make new memories and have new adventures.

Hello,

New member here and long time lurker that just moved from Georgia all the way to Fairbanks Alaska.

I've been a dedicated long range shooter for a good part of my life...it's probably my main hobby and outlet. I've shot PRS, Palma, and Across the Course Service Rifle. I also have a decent amount of experience hunting in the Southeast United States for Deer and Hogs. I've also been in the Army for something like 6 years now...I'm honestly starting to lose track.

I've already linked in with some friends up here in the great white north, and we are looking at expanding the number of long range shooting opportunities up in the sector of the country.
Welcome to the land of fire and ice and everything nice. There's a few ELR shooters now in our Fairest city and the number is growing.

Welcome to the land of fire and ice and everything nice. There's a few ELR shooters now in our Fairest city and the number is growing.

How far is ELR here? Who's running it? How do I get involved?

I've shot a few ELR matches in the Southeast. Finished 1st, 2nd, and 4th in "light gun" classes.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.