Heard something on Breitbart this morning....

Orange Dust

Seems the Government is collecting info from Google and Apple on Gun
owners. Specifically on purchases and searches of scopes and scope apps. They claim the main target is ATN, but they are collecting everything on everybody. They are doing it under the guise that it is leaving the US. Guess the 4th amendment doesn't apply anymore.

Yes, and here is the Breitbart article: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/08/report-u-s-government-asks-apple-google-to-hand-over-gun-owner-data/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=todays_hottest_stories&utm_campaign=20190908
The issue is what they were saying on the Radio and isn't mentioned in the article. They are saying they are collecting data on ALL SCOPES, and ALL SCOPE APPS under the guise of looking for this.. Guess for future reference????

And that was my concern. If they can go after ATN using the excuse that some of those scopes may have been shipped overseas what other excuses can they come up with? There have to be millions of downloaded apps for all kinds of ballistic situations.

Yes, and here is the Breitbart article: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/08/report-u-s-government-asks-apple-google-to-hand-over-gun-owner-data/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=todays_hottest_stories&utm_campaign=20190908
The issue is what they were saying on the Radio and isn't mentioned in the article. They are saying they are collecting data on ALL SCOPES, and ALL SCOPE APPS under the guise of looking for this.. Guess for future reference????
I'm sure it could lead to "ALL" gun scope apps but I read the article and nowhere did it say they were collecting names/info on "ALL" gun scope apps--it says "obsidian 4 app"--all I saw were these 2 excerpts: "
The U.S. Government is asking Apple and Google to hand over information on gun owners who have a scope on their rifles and use an app called Obsidian 4." and "That's because the government wants Apple and Google to hand over names, phone numbers and other identifying data of at least 10,000 users of a single gun scope app"

I'm sure it could lead to "ALL" gun scope apps but I read the article and nowhere did it say they were collecting names/info on "ALL" gun scope apps--it says "obsidian 4 app"--all I saw were these 2 excerpts: "
The U.S. Government is asking Apple and Google to hand over information on gun owners who have a scope on their rifles and use an app called Obsidian 4." and "That's because the government wants Apple and Google to hand over names, phone numbers and other identifying data of at least 10,000 users of a single gun scope app"
Yes, I know. What they said on the radio was different than what they went on the record with and published. Paranoid, maybe, but in the grand scheme of things, like someone once said "At this point what difference does it make?" Still a violation of civil rights to do this, and should not be acceptable to any US citizen no matter what Political Party they align with. At what point will the citizens of this country say no?

Speaking of Breitbart and Scopes have a look at this

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...-guns-rejects-ad-showing-semiautomatic-rifle/

Here is the unusual part

"We just heard from NASCAR on a number of gun-related ads and unfortunately, due to a gradual shift in NASCAR's position on guns, these ads must be edited/changed—especially those that are depicted as assault-style rifles/sniper rifles. NASCAR is still open to some of the less controversial gun accessories, concealed carry, or classes."

"Sniper Rifles"??? What exactly does that entail?? Could they be referring to any scoped ergonomic rifle that looks "scary" to them??

Do you all remember back in the 2005 timeframe when the anti-gun thugs and their useful idiots at the Violence Policy Center (VPC) were conducting their IO campaign to try to ban .338 Lapuas, .408 Cheytacs, and .50 BMGs? We all know that the antigun side will NOT stop with semiautos.

I did not hear the Breitbart show that discussed the scope app issue. Did they mention what agency was collecting the information?

Speaking of Breitbart and Scopes have a look at this

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...-guns-rejects-ad-showing-semiautomatic-rifle/

Here is the unusual part

"We just heard from NASCAR on a number of gun-related ads and unfortunately, due to a gradual shift in NASCAR's position on guns, these ads must be edited/changed—especially those that are depicted as assault-style rifles/sniper rifles. NASCAR is still open to some of the less controversial gun accessories, concealed carry, or classes."

"Sniper Rifles"??? What exactly does that entail?? Could they be referring to any scoped ergonomic rifle that looks "scary" to them??

Do you all remember back in the 2005 timeframe when the anti-gun thugs and their useful idiots at the Violence Policy Center (VPC) were conducting their IO campaign to try to ban .338 Lapuas, .408 Cheytacs, and .50 BMGs? We all know that the antigun side will NOT stop with semiautos.

I did not hear the Breitbart show that discussed the scope app issue. Did they mention what agency was collecting the information?
Not on the radio

i just assume that the government is monitoring everything. we're recorded on video almost anywhere we go. someone is monitoring all of your internet searches and social media activity. it's everyone that's at risk, not just a measly 10,000 citizens in a country of 325 million

i just assume that the government is monitoring everything. we're recorded on video almost anywhere we go. someone is monitoring all of your internet searches and social media activity. it's everyone that's at risk, not just a measly 10,000 citizens in a country of 325 million
What's changed so recently is respect for the Rule of Law. How can the Government expect the citizens to respect it when they laugh at it?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.