• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED HD tactical Rifle FOR SALE

drabchoi

Have a 6mos old .300wm by HD rifles for sale.

It is the actual rifle in the photo and test fired to 700 yards by HD before being sent out.

We are selling it since we are going to build a.338 so this ones gotta go, ASAP!
In fantastic condition with about 250 rounds of only Fed GM.

Remington 700 RH .300wm
26" LW barrel with Answer systems brake
HD bolt mod
5-22x56mm NIghtforce mildot
shilen trigger
1.5 AICS bedded 5 round mag
max 50s rings
badger 20moa base
etc....

Rifle is perfectly tuned and ready to go.

Spent over $4,500 into the package.

Asking $2900obo plus shipping. Willing to sell rifle separately...make me a fair offer.

Email me directly at [email protected]
LRPTwebsize1.jpg
LRPTwebsize1.jpg
700%20tard%20group%20choi.jpg

Very nice. Have you sold it yet? If not could you answer a few questions at the risk of showing my ignorance. What are the following abbreviations: HD, Fed GM, LW, Answer systems brake, HD bolt mod, 1.5 AICS bedded, 20moa base. Most of my custom rifles are hunting rigs not military snipers, hence the questions. Also how does Nightforce compare to Zeiss, Swarovski and Leupold? Thanks

TTH,
I'll chime in here for Drabchoi:
HD- HD Rifles in Texas, owner Jeff Hicks
Fed GM- Federal Gold Medal Match ammunition
LW- Lothar Walther barrels
Answer systems brake- Jeff Hicks got his start in gunsmithing at Answer, so he's partial to their brakes.

HD bolt mod- putting three screws into the bolt handle of a Remington to re-enforce the solder joint.
1.5 AICS- Accuracy Internatioanl Chassis System with adjustable cheek piece that has been skim bedded
20 MOA base- It has 20 minutes of slope built into it to give your scope more elevation for shooting long range.
From my experience as a guide and a hunter, the NightForce is by far tougher than Zeiss or Swarovski. Then Leupold is my second choice. In fact I saw more European scopes break and/or fail in the field under "Rocky Mountain" hunting conditions than I did all others combined.

[ 08-04-2004: Message edited by: chris matthews ]

[ 08-04-2004: Message edited by: chris matthews ]

Chris, You almost got it right
wink.gif
smile.gif

I got my start in gunsmithing about 15 years ago in my house. I had a terribly small basic gunsmith shop and only did minor work like parts replcements and hot water bluing.

I then went to work at Bachelder custom arms where I did warranty work for most of the major manufacturers like S&W, Colt, Remington, Win ETC.

I then went to Gander mountain.
Then went to MC Sporting goods and headed up thier new gunsmithing section, built the shop for thier 1st one and went on to Answer Products as head smith for 3 years or so where I became more specialized in rifles and came up with the Ruger #1 Accurizer.

Had a small hobby smith shop in Indiana and put out a few rifles from there and came up with the Remmy 3 screw mod.

Now joined up with Clay in Del Rio and busy as hell.
Celt

Recent Posts